Future Viper Colors - We Need Your Help!

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy!

Blue has been missing from the SRT, even though it was one of the first colors for the original Gen Vipers. I believe it's a good "standard" color for cars, and won't be as trendy as say, Yellow, or Orange.

I'd also like to see factory stripes available again - this was one of the standout design elements for the Gen I/II Vipers. After seeing some people add aftermarket stripes to the SRT, and how great it looks, I think buyers would like this option again. Plus with a few (stripe) color variations, you could create a wider range of unique Vipers, using fewer "base" colors.

A blue SRT with white stripes, would reproduce my favorite GTS look :laugh:

Cheers -

DT

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd Deep Red Metallic with gold stripe using the VCA Club car hood stripe as a model. Stripe should follow across trunk as well and complete the rear of the vehicle.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fiona-
Try a color called ELECTRIC BLUE. Think about the blue arcs from the zapping machine.My second choice would be DAWN ORANGE. You know the color- as the sun rises!!!!

Let me know what color to order on my new Coupe!!
PBR
10 of 50

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come nobody mentioned PINK!
Seriously...White looks good, and it has been quite a while since a classy dark green has been offered.

Hey Fiona....Where do we go to order COUPES!!!

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Metallic Colors Look Best On The SRT!!!! I can't believe Dodge is dropping Silver :confused: (Solid colors look like plastic on the SRT)

How about a 'cold looking' Nassau (frost) Blue Metallic similar to the Shelby Cobras(with a black interior) ... or a Dark Blue Metallic (darker than the last blue used on the Viper GTS)

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta have a yellow and black stripes. Most comments I get is it really makes it stand out compared to other colors. But whatever color put the stripes on it.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my graphite '02 was my favorite, and my '03 SRT would have been Graphite it was available. Far and away the Graphite grey was the classiest color.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ever the colors are make sure there is a stripe option. Makes the car so much better! Oh yea do not produce the same color Yellow as my VCA we need some type of exclusivity for the ones that steped up for the VCA.

Colors,
Black/sliver stripes
Burnt Orange
Blue/White stipes
Deep metalic blue/sliver stripes
red/sliver stripes

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kenric rocked the best answer, as I know many other Dealerships will voice the same comment he posted -- customers want stripes. Check out our Website ( www.woodhouseviper.com ) just to view the Red/White striped SRT-10 done by Paul Kopick in Washington State. That is the perfect visual example of why stripes need to come back. That said , comments we hear for colors , not necessarily in order , are:

1. Candy Apple Red ( like the last Prowler was done in, and very similar to the flat - asp gorgeous VCA Raffle car )
2. Viper Blue, with stripes
3. Black ( not the conventional , but like offered on the 300 C - metallic black , clearcoat )
4. Large group want a return to Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge colors of the 60s - wild stuff.
5. White
6. Graphite/Platinum/ Steel Gray, are very sought after, and most would like to see with a Silver stripe.
7. Surprisingly , quite a few have asked for purple, and we used to discount this as folks joking, but the request is from folks , it appears , in the same camp as those that want a return to some 60s colors. The Prowler Purple would be a good choice to some, apparently.

Chartreuse and Inca Gold are on the all time list of colors that should NEVER be produced on a Snake - have a nice day!

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plumcrazy with Flat Black stripes!!!

While we are at it how about:

1) TT or SC option.
2) 3.55 gear option.
3) Off road exhaust option.
4) Affordable adjustable coil over option.
5) K&N filter option.
6) Carbon Fiber hood from the show car.

With a full factory warranty for all the above. :D

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of the hottest colors that would look great on the Viper SRT-10 would be the Blue Caelum, the Grigio Avlon and the (??? Name) Deep Candy Red that are apart of Lamborghini's colors. You can see the Blue Caelum & Grigio Avlon at http://www.sportauto.cc/. The deep Candy Red Lambo color can be see at http://www.lamborghinidallas.com//index.asp All 3 colors would be great with black interior.

scott

ps, Dallas has a 2001 Dodge -
Viper GTS ACR Red/Black
with 16157 miles in inventory.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B5 metallic blue from the older Mopars
Plum Crazy or Vitamin C orange would be cool too.

Look at doing a flat black or matte black on the "power bulge" on the hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187