g tech time with the viper What do you think?

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2000 rt10 with no cats and corsa exhaust k&n's and smooth tubes
I also had a passanger who weighs 250lbs. Im not sure if that makes a diff.

best time was a 12.2 @ 123mph and the damm 0 to 60 mph are ****** 4.2 secs

I was trying to shift around 5500 rpm and every launch it seemed to spin alot
I power shifted all gears

Is my rpm to low/high and whats the best way to get out of the hole

thanks,

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might as well be using a play station to measure your times. Go to a track, the only way to do it.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not true. They've actually been proven to be VERY accurate. Not as accurate as a track obviously and are generally a tad faster than it should be but for baseline comparisons they are great.

What is not accurate on the G-techs is the hp/torque ratings.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend with a twin turbo 440 Road Runner swears by his. Says it's consistent and with a 1/10 of the strip for 1/4 mile..

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have run my G-tech at the strip a few times. ET was within .1 to.2 and the MPH was much higher (123) than the track MPH (118) due to the averaging method the track uses. I also ran the dyno function and it measured within 10 of my last RW dyno though I had added a Vec 1 since then.

OP
OP
F

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its very accurate in the et times from previous cars I used it on but the mph has always been a few more on the g tech than at the track

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a g-tech pro I'm also pretty accurate (~1/10th as well).

I tried logging a few times with my PS but alas, I'd left my memory cards at home. I had no proof later on. :(

I've had both g-techs and the new one (Pro) is much more consistent and accurate.

For some people 1/10th and a few mph might be the difference between accurate and a mile wide but for me it's close enough for checking mods and comparing the different cars.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used one at the track. The G-Tech said 121 when I actually ran 116. The ET was ~.2-.3 faster than my actual time as well. They may be fun, but I would not quote your times to anyone. A 5mph difference is huge!

SilverViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At a track, they average your MPH on the last 60 feet. The G-Tech gives you your exact mph at the end of the quarter mile. This explains the discrepancy. However, the E.T. is supposed to be accurate with a discrepancy of less than 1/10th of a second.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the competition Pro setup you set the "roll-out" distance. This has a large effect on your elapsed time. Set it to a shorter distance for longer times. I have adjusted mine to 6 inches as I also was reading low on et versus the track. Apparently, even when I believe I am deep staging I must not be.

I made many runs where I recorded both the GTech and the track info. I haven't yet made a full comparison. One thing I did note is that if a shift was made near the end of the track the GTech would read much higher. Maybe that is because of the averaging effect on the track versus the "at the finish line speed" of the GTech.

Great overall tool when evaluating your car. You can see things like traction, launch changes and shift points and compare runs to see how they compare. Even minor differences can be seen.

OP
OP
F

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yep great tool for tunning. I just wanted to see what the car did on it as I plan to go to the track in a few weeks
The mph is about 5 out on that which doesnt bother me its the et that im worried about
We will have to see how it compares with this car

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96