GA-VCA Pulled over during charity event

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a busy weekend for the GA-VCA. Yesterday was our Christmas party and we had two charity events this weekend. Before the party, 3 of us met in Norcross, GA to attend a church's Christmas program for needy kids. The kids were able to pose with Santa, get a free gift and then pose by the Vipers and get rides around the parking lot in the Vipers. It was 3 Vipers total, a b/w GTS, a red GTS, and mine. There were a bunch of kids there so a few times we would take 2 kids at once if they were small enough to fit in the passenger seat.

In the back of the church was a big wide open parking lot (no cars, people, etc) so when we got there thats when we would go pretty fast. After about an hour of rides, the other 2 Vipers had started another ride with kids and I put 2 kids in my car and took off. When I got to the parking lot in the back I noticed the other 2 Vipers were going really slow. When I got down there a city policecar turns in the other end of the parking lot and I was like "awww man, whats he want?" About that time he hits his blue lights and stops all 3 of us :eek: He went to the red GTS and I heard him say someone had reported "2 red cars racing in the parking lot" :buttkick: To the cop's credit as soon as the guy in the red GTS explained it was a church function the cop said "as long as you have the church's permission, I'm all for it" and left. But it was still kinda nerve racking being pulled over for speeding when you have 3 people in a 2 seater :)

p.s.--what kinda person calls the cops on people during a charity ride event? :nono:

Reaction score
BUTTHEADS...thats the kind of person!

I think it ended up pretty much as it should....luckily for you guys!! He had an obligation to do his job, assessed the situation and deemed "no action needed" and went on his way! Good for him, and all of you!

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny part was I had told most of the kids that morning "We'll go fast when we get to the back parking lot, I like to speed when I know I can't get pulled over" Well, I guess that didn't last! :)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Was it officer Buford, from the Veterans' Administration?

Reaction score
Yeah Vic...that guy was a total tool!! He got his in the end....

Good outcome for Chad and the gang!! I am ALL OVER supporting our local PD, they have been very cool at all the events I've been to locally.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Cop gets a call about racing, responds ******, questions
all parties involved (and listens,) interprets the situation
with intelligence, and all parties go their merry ways. If
you were at a VA hospital all three drivers would have been
sent to jail and the kids arrested as material witnesses...

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd suggest for any future events where the snakes will be providing rides and such to call the local precinct and let them know what you're doing, and invite them to stop by to be a presence and get in on the good will. Although not as fun as a ride in a Viper, some kids would get a kick out of a ride in a patrol car as well.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad: Its Georgia, and you know as well as I do its a constitutional right to tell others how to live their lives.

Good for you guys staying cool with the officer and having fun with the kids.

Warfang: that's a great idea.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, and others, got no front plate tickets going into a charity event at NYU medical center from a dick cop at the midtown tunnel. We explained we were heading to a charity event for sick kids. He could not have cared less.

Thanks Officer scumbag.
You must be registered for see images attach

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"2 red cars racing in the parking lot"

I have heard this phrase so often .... some people are really jealous.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, and others, got no front plate tickets going into a charity event at NYU medical center from a dick cop at the midtown tunnel. We explained we were heading to a charity event for sick kids. He could not have cared less.

Thanks Officer scumbag.
You must be registered for see images attach
Scumbag is being nice. :mad:

All the more reason to have a police ****** to the events. The good ones usually cancel out the bad.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
All the more reason to have a police ****** to the events.
The good ones usually cancel out the bad.

So what happens (hypothetically speaking) if you ****** arrives
and gives you ticket for not having the plates? Isn't that sort of
like asking the lion to babysit the sheep?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't run a front plate you are giving every Barny Fife a solid reason to stop you.

What do you expect the cops to do? Ignore the front plate law because you have a Viper?

There was a time when the front plate law was just chicken sh..
Today, with red light cameras.....
It's money in the bank for these places.

Bolt on a front plate and stop whining about it. Jeeez.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always wanted to get some local Vipers together and do a similar charity event, that's awsome. Good idea on using the parking lot too, I was trying to figure a way that parents would let us take the kids for a ride without them along, and that does it.

I bet you could find out who called the cops, everything get's recorded..if you knew someone that works at the local police dept..?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the more reason to have a police ****** to the events.
The good ones usually cancel out the bad.

So what happens (hypothetically speaking) if you ****** arrives
and gives you ticket for not having the plates? Isn't that sort of
like asking the lion to babysit the sheep?

Nah... there are good cops and dumb/bad cops. SOMEONE in your club must know a cop or two that would be more than happy to play ******.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always wanted to get some local Vipers together and do a similar charity event, that's awsome. Good idea on using the parking lot too, I was trying to figure a way that parents would let us take the kids for a ride without them along, and that does it.

I bet you could find out who called the cops, everything get's recorded..if you knew someone that works at the local police dept..?

I really don't care who called the cops. Someone could've been clueless and not noticed we were part of the event and been like "awww man, with that charity event going on, those cars need to slow down" :rolleyes: Since we didnt get ticketed and the cop wasn't a ****, its a funny story. Now if the cop had been a **** and gave us tickets, then I'd be mad

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960