Garage floor paint recommendations wanted

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happens with Racedeck floor tiles (or similar), if you live in a snow area and the snow melts off the car onto the floor... my wife's car, not the Viper...thank you!

The RD flooring snaps together. The water will drain out where the tiles snap together and the water will run underneath the tiles. Water will channel to your drain or the front of the garage wherever the grade is the lowest. I think RD also makes a tile that looks like grate material in different colors, but you will be able to see you garage floor through it.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do this for living, the best paint to use for a concrete floor is a 2 part epoxy if it is going to have high traffic and you will be working on cars. Wash the concrete and clean good with muratic acid (bucket & mop), wear gloves, respirator and saftey goggles and let dry 24 hrs and apply epoxy by roller/spray.
Also a neat product is a concrete stain which comes in many different colors, same thing muratic acid, 24 hrs wait and apply. You can also coat the floor with one color, tape it off in squares, logo's, stripes , outside boarders etc and coat again using different colors to get your own personal touch. I have done checkered patterns on floors with concrete stain and it has help up great, I have also applied concrete stain to pool decks etc with the new england weather and it holds up great also, hope this helps.

FLX109

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happens with Racedeck floor tiles (or similar), if you live in a snow area and the snow melts off the car onto the floor... my wife's car, not the Viper...thank you!

all that snow and mud thats melts off your car does go under the racedeck and guess what it looks like when you take it up? a freaking mess and the chemicals will eat and corrode your concrete. well maybe you like pulling the tiles up and cleaning the floor and then re-installing your floor a few times a year.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup 2snakes, That is why i dont like those snap-together floors

When my garage floor was new the Concrete guy put down a clear sealer on the floor that they sprayed on while the concrete was still drying. I use the large rubber mats over the concrete and some areas of carpet. The mats are 10x20 and cost about $100.

Bruce

BlknBlu, Where can i find the mats that you use?
I have been looking at the G-floor large vinyl roll-out mats and would like to have something to compare to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960