Garage Repaint and Concrete Stain Pics

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally finished up the repaint and concrete stain in the garage... I also added a second high lift opener in case I need another lift for something:D f A drop of hydraulic fluid from the lift landed on the floor already but it wiped up like water. So far so good.

Before...

You must be registered for see images attach

After...

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that looks gorgeous! How hard was the concrete stain to do?

Thanks folks...

Most of the work was in the etching and prep but I just wrote the check. After a full day of prep he applied 2 coats of stain the next day with 5 hours between coats and then the third day he applied 2 coats of sealer with 5 hours between coats. I can't bring the cars in for a week except for the Viper because it's on the runways on the lift. The floor looks pretty much the same as my friend's patio which was stained when it was poured.

The drywall repair, painting and floor took the guy 11 days with a helper every now an then. This is going to sound funny but he used Bondo to do all of the drywall repair. I was going to throw him out when I saw that but I Googled it and it turns out that many people think it's better than spackle especially when you have big temperature swings... The walls were really banged up from all the heavy crap on the bicycle hooks and now they are perfect.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it!!!!!
What is your ceiling height? I would like a setup like yours for my garage.

Ceiling height is 12'. The lift is a Dannmar D7-X longer wider and higher than the base Dannmar lift. It lifts my car about 4" short of the ceiling and drops about 2" onto the ratchet locks. I think they call it something else now on GESUSA.com.