Gas Gauge problem.....

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I took a nice road trip this past weekend, beautiful weather, etc. I look down at my gas gauge while I'm cruising down the highway, and it's pretty darn close to being on empty. So I freak out a little because I don't want to run out of gas, obviously. I finally come across a gas station, pull in, and fill her up. It only took 12 gallons to fill it up. That means about 7 gallons were still in the tank. The gas gauge definitely gave me the impression it probably only had 2 gallons tops in there. Is this a known issue?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Is this a known issue?"

Ummm, yeah, but only on almost every Gen 1 and 2 Viper made :)

This has been discussed many times. According to the Wizard, there is no fix for it. The gauges just arent accurate

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happens to me all the time. I turn my car on and check the fuel, 3/4 full. I then proceed to drive about 1/2 mile and its on a 1/4 tank. Oh well.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I would agree that the gas guage is not that accurate, but I have also noticed that certain gas pumps and the angle that you fill can affect how much you can put in. There have been times that the pump shut off and by adjusting the nozzle, I was able to put 3 more gallons in.

OP
OP
J

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think there would be some type of aftermarket kit that would fix this issue? Has anyone did any research?

Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32