Gas Mileage Poll

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you run around ankle deep in go pedal, your fuel economy will plain ****. I get something in the neighorhood of 9 MPG. One day, I'll actually test for max. economy on the highway in 6th gear. Repeated attempts have failed given my inherrent propensity to let it rip.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gas mileage results are what make most of us very frustrated about the " GUZZLER TAX." I routinely get in the mid-teens with combination driving ( city/highway ) , but then my Miata only gets 18-19 in this mode. On the track I have gotten as bad as 4 mpg, but on the highway in 6th, at reasonable speeds 65-80mph, I almost always get 22-24mpg. Almost everyone has recorded trips in the 20's, so don't be surprized if mileage gets a little better as the motor breaks-in.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I average 8-10 mpg driving to and from work (little freeway involved). I did reach 22.4 mpg on the way to Thunderhill crusing at 75 in 6th with a few bursts to 110. At Thunderhill it was closer to 6 ! I have never once felt the skip shifter as I always shift well above that point so it does little to help me.
Tips for better mileage? Stay in 6th!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '93 roadster achieved an all-time best of 26.6mpg with the top on and A/C running.

My '96 GTS has managed a best of 25.1 higway, about 11-12 in town and 5.6mpg at the track.

jcochran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my trips to Wyoming from Seattle, I netted about 26 mpg while I was doing about 80 on the interstates.

Commuting from work to home in Seattle (15 mile trip), I would get about 13-15 mpg.

On fun jaunts around the city, I'd regularly see ~11 mpg.

James
Ex-2000 GTS owner

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I consistantly get 13-14 MPG in city driving (mild driving for a Viper) and when much highway use is involved, it goes up 1-2 MPG (still includes city).

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For beloved and I, never any more than 8 miles to the gal. ...Gas is for burning, and so are tires!!
BURNOUT.gif

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
27 MPG on a trip to the upper lower penninsula (all uphill)! Good idea to skip shift to a higher gear skip 2nd and 3rd. Sorry, I like to downshift when I stop or slow down. I don't know what I get around town here, (a small town with not many traffic lights so I would imagine about 12-15 mpg is about right. Too much driving in 6th gear at low rpms results in a poorly charged battery, be careful with that one! You don't want to have the battery die on you at the worst possible time.

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first tank I got 5mpg, and after that I have been in the 13-15mpg range, after awhile I just stopped calculating so I dont know what my best has ever been, but worst was my first tank. Good thing gas wasnt 2 bux back then hahaha.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last weekend on highway driving at 80mph in 6th i was able to
get 22 mpg.(for a 120 mile trip) In my 2001 r/t with hardtop on... i was very pleased with this!!!
smile.gif

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last open track event at Laguna Seca 4.5 mpg - as measured over two days.
Note - Venom 500 package on the car

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery