Gen 1 Alarm Disable????

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just replaced the battery in my 94. The original owner had the alarm disconnected I believe, as my remote FOB's do nothing(brand new battery). Is there any way to disarm the alarm without using the FOB?? The service manual tells me nothing. As soon as I connect the battery, the lights flash and the "alarm set" light flashed in the center gauge.

martyb

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to resynch the key fobs. I cannot remember the details exactly but it was something like ground the green wire from the alarm module while pressing both buttons. It is in the manual - sorry I no longer have the manual to reference.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Try to resync fobs first (be SURE that the fob's battery is good)...by standing CLOSE to the car and holding both buttons down for 10 sec...hoping to hear a chirp. Then, try fob to disarm. If that fails, disconnect the battery (behind the left rear tire) for 30 minutes AND, ground the disconnected POSITIVE battery cable to the chassis briefly, then reconnect, and try again. If that fails, call me. As you have not listed a contact e-mail, I can't communicate more directly with you...sorry.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve that won't work on GENI's!

Martin if you have a service manual not an owners manual? Section 8Q will tell you how to re-set the FOB's. If you don't have a SM, call me on Monday with you fax # and I will fax you that section. :cool:

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck, I have the service manual. Just put new batteries in both of the keyfobs, turned the key to the on position, grounded the green wire from the alarm module, pressed unlock on both of the keyfobs, and nothing happened. The fobs have never worked on this car.

Any other ideas?? My patience is wearing thin.

martyb

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Maybe your fobs are NOT programmed to to your car.

By the way, there IS another trick that DOES work on Gen I's...BUT, it cannot be posted...at least in my opinion.

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions on my car. I decided to check the fuse for the security system last night, sure enough, it was blown. I am kicking myself for not starting with the basics. Replace the fuse, grounded the green wire, hit the button on the fob, and she was ready to go.

thanks again,

martyb

G

grcforce327

Check you fuses!Usually the one for the alarm and door chime blows.If this is the case,replace it with a 25amp fuse as the manual calls for!The original one usually is a 20amp!Same problem that Marty had earlier,and I had last year!Press both buttons on remote to reset.Hope this helps!

Adrenlyn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have checked all the fuses and they appear to be fine. I replaced the battery in the key fob, but it doesn't appear to be working as it won't even lock/unlock the doors. What's strange is that dealership confirmed the fob is functional, but apparently it's not in sync with my car. I've tried the green wire trick, but nothing is working. Frustrating is an understatement....

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Press both buttons on remote to reset
I do not beleive that pressing both buttons on the Gen I key fob does anything desirable. Just FYI...

G

grcforce327

Press both buttons on remote to reset
I do not beleive that pressing both buttons on the Gen I key fob does anything desirable. Just FYI...

I've Had to press both to reset my alarm.Nothing happened when I pressed just one,press both and it reset(done more than once!)This is not a belief,this is actual fact!Others have done the same thing! Just FYI! :bonker:
Another thing to consider is the module going bad,some have experienced this also! Good Luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth