Gen 1 and 2 iowners..Does your rear view mirror shake vibrate at hight speed?

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1 and 2 owners..Does your rear view mirror shake vibrate at hight speed?

The tires are balanced and the car rides smooth as silk, but at 75..plus MPH my side mirrors are fine, but the rear view start to shake which makes it hard to see the traffic in the rear view.. When I put my hand on the mirror it steadies. Could the side exhaust be causing a vibration making the mirror vibrate or shake?
Any thoughts on the cause of this issue on my 1994 RT-10?
Arthur

Last edited:
OP
OP
AAKVIPER

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Gen 1 and 2 owners..Does your rear view mirror shake or vibrate at hight speed?

The tires are balanced and the car rides smooth as silk, but at 75..plus MPH my side mirrors are fine, but the rear view start to shake which makes it hard to see the traffic in the rear view.. When I put my hand on the mirror it steadies. Could the side exhaust be causing a vibration making the mirror vibrate or shake?
Any thoughts on the cause of this issue on my 1994 RT-10?
Arthur

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2001 RT/10 rear view mirror is rock solid. Is your mirror mounting bracket set screw tight?

Another solution is to remove the rear view mirror and drive faster. :)

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it still seems shaky after tightening down, ... Normal for an old RT. (The suspension is rock hard). A better mirror question for an early viper would be: Why doesn't my mirror dimmer work right??

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At certain rpm's on the freeway my mirror vibrates to the point that I sometimes put my hand on it to make sure 5.0 isnt tailing.
I attribute it to my headers/exhaust/708cam. My set screw is tight and it feals rock solid but the deep frequency drone must be right at the resonance range of the mirror.

perhaps this is not an issue with the later gen2's(creampuff's) or Gen1/2's with diff exhaust setups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302