gen 1 dash removal(light switch help)

brukowski85

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok i have one last part and im stuck..can get past the light switch ive looking and search forums also anyone have any interactions or pics

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to cut mines off. I kept knicking away at the back of it until I was able to pull it off. I goes back on, just that its missing a fair amount of material on the back of it. There is supposedly a little hole in it that you are supposed to stick a needle in and release a clip that grips the metal shaft. Best of luck

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pull the light knob out like you turned on headlights. Reach behind and find the small button on top, iirc, of the electrical part of switch, depress button and pull the knob and shaft the rest of the way out. If you haven't unhooked the battery, your lights will be on until you disconnect the switch base from the connector.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to cut mines off. I kept knicking away at the back of it until I was able to pull it off. I goes back on, just that its missing a fair amount of material on the back of it. There is supposedly a little hole in it that you are supposed to stick a needle in and release a clip that grips the metal shaft. Best of luck
That is a gen 2 switch. Bottom of knob you turn lights on with has a little hole in bottom, stick real small screwdriver, etc. in there to release clip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang