Gen 1 Fog lamps with out headlights?

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, Has anyone managed to get the fog lamps on a gen 1 to come on without having to run the headlights? I Wonder if I can utilize the stock wiring and switch to do so, or If I would have to run all new wiring and a new switch. Any help on this matter will greatly be appreciated. I have a 94

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did it on my Gen1 years ago .... seem to remember moving a stock wire in the fuse holder there are spare points then re locating the fuse . ..... bingo fogs work with no lights...

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are spare feeds in the Fuse box in the passenger foot well with no outputs....

Find a ingnition live input so you can't leave them on with no keys in the car

Find the fog lights fuse
Remove fuse
remove the wire that has no voltage on (when fuse roved) as this will be the feed to lights...
Relocate wire to one of the spare outputs
Put fuse back in and job done...

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use votlage meter at all times.... AND make sure you only have voltage on one side of the fuse slot when finished before putting fuse back in...

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found it............

On Gen 1 cars, locate the fuse box(under dash, passenger side). Disconnect power(in engine bay). Relocate red/blue stripe wire at #2 fuse, to the #10 fuse location. Reconnect power. Should be able switch on fog lights anytime(with ignition switch on). Did my '94 years ago.