Gen 1 Questions (fog lights and parts)

DickDavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) What is everyone doing for Gen 1 fog light bulbs? Buying $300 bulbs or changing to something else?
2) Best place to view Gen 1 parts diagrams online?

Bonus Question) what is everyone doing for all the light bulbs? Are there popular LED conversions or is everyone staying stock?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Don't have enough experience with bulbs to help with that question yet, but for gen 1 parts diagrams you can check Roe Racing. They have a downloads page with all the parts manuals through the years. I saved them all to my computer for easy reference. I think the club had them posted on the forums somewhere as well. The early early stuff might have a few different versions of manuals out there though. I was talking with someone previously about some 92 or 93 parts and it sounded like they had or had seen a manual for that year specifically, but I think the Roe ones lump a few of those early years together.

jayriddle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) What is everyone doing for Gen 1 fog light bulbs? Buying $300 bulbs or changing to something else?
2) Best place to view Gen 1 parts diagrams online?

Bonus Question) what is everyone doing for all the light bulbs? Are there popular LED conversions or is everyone staying stock?
Good questions about the bulbs. The original headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs on my '94 are still working, but I know they won't last forever and would be interested in replacing the headlights with high intensity bulbs if they are available for the Gen 1.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need the whole housing, I have one for sale, but just the bulb is a standard H3 bulb

nautoncall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bringing up this again. So to get to fog light bulb I have to remove wheel and fender liner?? Also is the yellow protruding stick bulb supposed to be illuminated?? Thanks.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"Also is the yellow protruding stick bulb supposed to be illuminated??"

Are you talking about the level?

nautoncall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess so, I never really paid attention to that then saw a youtube video with the lead engineer talking about how he got the headlights for free because BMW didn't use them.

So do I have to take the wheel and fender liner out to get to the fog bulb ?

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it is best to pull the wheel, but you can turn the wheel in the opposite direction to get access to the plug behind the foglight