Gen 1Trunk Question

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, I bought an embroidered trunk mat/carpet from someone on this site. It's very thick and good quality. I'll check sunday and see if I can figure out who made it.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut cardboard templets, took them to a local car upholstery shop and he made me 2 sets. I think it was about 100 bucks. (3 piece set)

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I built basically the same thing. It was easy. Get the carpet. Cut some templates from cardboard. Then I used an 1/8 plastic sheet cut to the template to go over the tire for a floor. Before putting in the floor I spray glued carpet to the front wall and the sides. Don't glue too heavy in case it has to be removed to get the gas tank out. The carpet is spray glued to the floor sheet which is removeable. I sewed binding around the edge but it isn't necessary. The carpet could be rolled over the edge and glued.
Seward_car_show06_017.jpg

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I did this right, here are the pics of the Nor Cal mat in my '94. As I said, great quality.
~Craig

Attachments

• IMG_6393.JPG
    IMG_6393.JPG
    1.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6392.JPG
    IMG_6392.JPG
    1.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6391.JPG
    IMG_6391.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 14

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm. The pics came out a little smaller than I wanted. Sorry. If no one else can fix it, I'll try again. Not very computer savvey, I am.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. I think I got it right this time. Real pics you can actually see:2tu:

Attachments

• IMG_6393.JPG
    IMG_6393.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6392.JPG
    IMG_6392.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6391.JPG
    IMG_6391.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 24

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I built basically the same thing. It was easy. Get the carpet. Cut some templates from cardboard. Then I used an 1/8 plastic sheet cut to the template to go over the tire for a floor. Before putting in the floor I spray glued carpet to the front wall and the sides. Don't glue too heavy in case it has to be removed to get the gas tank out. The carpet is spray glued to the floor sheet which is removeable. I sewed binding around the edge but it isn't necessary. The carpet could be rolled over the edge and glued.
Seward_car_show06_017.jpg

Only thing I can add is that you can do-it-yourself for about 20 bucks.The Norcal is 140 bucks plus freight. The embroidery is nice but I usually have something in the truck. Not knocking Norcals but some of us are cheap!! LOL:2tu:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. I think I got it right this time. Real pics you can actually see:2tu:

Thanks a bunch. I think I am sold. It would be easy for someone to secure the bottom with some thin fiber-board anyway if they would wish just to make it more secure. That's probably what I will do. Thanks everyone! Now I need to win some money in some upcoming bowling tourneys so I can get this and the nice floor mats, and the... and the... :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4