Gen 2 Battery Relocation

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a new battery for my 02 RT/10 & would like to relocate it to the trunk to make it more accessible. I think a few of you have done this, would love to see pics and/or steps on what you liked vs what you would've done differently.

TIA for any advice/help.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Maybe too late since you've already bought one, but one option that might make relocation easier would be to go to a modern lightweight racing style battery or something. Definitely more expensive, but could be a lot easier to mount as you have a lot less weight to deal with and maybe even a smaller size.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it ***** beyond all known limits, but I would never do this if the car was original and completely unmodified. Of course it is your car and you can do what you want.

The "straw" with this setup is that I believe there are 4 different types of fasteners, each requiring a different tool to remove. They could of at least designed those 4 types of fasteners to have the same heads requiring only 1 tool.

The absolutely best battery location I ever saw was in a 2011-13 (can't remember which year) Charger loaner I had when dealer had my Windstar van for 4 months with the axle recall. Get this, the battery was located in the trunk, in the spare tire well, right beside the tire.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
J

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it ***** beyond all known limits, but I would never do this if the car was original and completely unmodified. Of course it is your car and you can do what you want.

The "straw" with this setup is that I believe there are 4 different types of fasteners, each requiring a different tool to remove. They could of at least designed those 4 types of fasteners to have the same heads requiring only 1 tool.

The absolutely best battery location I ever saw was in a 2011-13 (can't remember which year) Charger loaner I had when dealer had my Windstar van for 4 months with the axle recall. Get this, the battery was located in the trunk, in the spare tire well, right beside the tire.

You must be registered for see images attach
At least that's practical!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper