Gen 2 radiator that works?

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Ron Davis in there now thats leaking. The people at RD have been very helpful and offered to fix it for free if I send it back. I think I'm going to take them up on there offer less there is a better solution? I would like to get something in there that cools well, but will not have these leaking problems.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory radiator is the best radiator from a longevity standpoint, and does very well cooling too if maintained properly. There have been a handful of recent threads on this in the Gen 2 section.

I have tested many of them, done all kinds of cooling system mods and so on, and the best bang for the buck is the one you probably took out.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll probably find as many opinions as there are respondents to your question. I put a Fluidyne in and have had no issues (6 years) but I think many have had similar experience with most brands including stock.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must agree with dave. Mine had a RD rad. when I bought it, fixed it twice, leaked three times. Replaced with a new factory one, no issue since and it runs just as cool, if not a bit cooler than with the RD.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Ron Davis in there now thats leaking. The people at RD have been very helpful and offered to fix it for free if I send it back. I think I'm going to take them up on there offer less there is a better solution? I would like to get something in there that cools well, but will not have these leaking problems.
Like everyone here said. It seems to be hit and miss. I had an older RD, probably about 3 years old when it went a year ago and after talking with JonB at Partsrack he called RD and arranged for a new design to be sent to me this past winter. I guess they knew the weak spot and fixed it. It seems to be working out great with 10K on it so far. You may want to ask them about the new edition if you have to replace yours???!!! :dunno: Again I want to thank Jon as he never even sold me the original but went out of his way, took his time to call RD and make the sale which he didn't make a dime off of!!! :2tu: :hail: He wanted a happy customer with a product he carries and thats why JonB will always get my first call if I need something!