Gen 2 Window Regulator Clip Shuttle Replacement: are there good ones?

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These clips are everywhere for cheap on eBay, etc.

Is there a better grade available? (wouldn't be surprised the OEM used a different material like fiber reinforced nylon instead of just plain)

Also wondering if I'm doing something wrong having replaced 3 LHS and 1 RHS on my 96 GTS over the past 20 years driving it from 60 to 90k miles. Now thinking maybe window channels are worn producing more drag. Worn Window Channels???

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replacing them you should of always cleaned the track and all rotating parts and re-lubed them.
Copied and pasted from VA for others to know if they are not on that forum too.

you can spend the $180 (that was the last time I looked at price a couple of years ago) to get it rebuilt with a lifetime warranty on it. 2 places do it when i looked. 1 in AZ and 1 in FL.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking worn window channels may be to blame - especially since the windows seem slow. Just got some Honda Shin Etsu silicone grease which many swear by.

Still haven't decided where to buy the shuttles - try to find quickest shipping I guess (better get a move on...

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did you need to replace them? Were they worn out or window motor labored in pushing it up? Maybe the tracks are out of alignment with the path.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tracks don't wear out unless another metal bit is repeatedly dragged through them. The window mechanism will stop working completely before that ever happens.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure that the tracks are greased(White Lith). You really shouldn't have a problem with it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala