Gen. 3 Brakes

Moose82169

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
Thought I would post this up to see if I might be able to get some help or insight. I was woundering if the 2nd gen and 3rd gen. brakes (frt. & rear) were interchangable between the to cars. I am trying to get a set of CCW drag wheels in 16" to fit my car and the brakes are a problem. Has anyone seen a fix or have one for that matter to help me out. Thanks in advance.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II cars can be fairly inexpensively be upgraded to Gen III brakes. Club member Dave Cawthorne makes up the necessary adaptors. He advertises in the classifieds, and you might want to talk to him personally about your specific fittment needs.
If you want to down grade Gen III brakes to smaller Gen II, a better idea is to use a modification to the parking brake linkage to allow it to fit in smaller wheels. Might want to talk to CCW's John Purner to see what he recommends. He is very knowledgeable in this area, or use search function to see pictures and posts.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II cars can be fairly inexpensively be upgraded to Gen III brakes. Club member Dave Cawthorne makes up the necessary adaptors. He advertises in the classifieds, and you might want to talk to him personally about your specific fittment needs.
If you want to down grade Gen III brakes to smaller Gen II, a better idea is to use a modification to the parking brake linkage to allow it to fit in smaller wheels. Might want to talk to CCW's John Purner to see what he recommends. He is very knowledgeable in this area, or use search function to see pictures and posts.

Now I prefer the Gen2's but why on earth would you downgrade to gen2 brakes? The srt brakes is probably the #1 improvement over the gts.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now I prefer the Gen2's but why on earth would you downgrade to gen2 brakes? The srt brakes is probably the #1 improvement over the gts.

He's Drag Racing, smaller rim with same O.D. tire yields more sidewall flex = Better Launching. First 60' is where most races are won or lost. If anything a larger O.D. brake set up gives up H.P.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine