Gen 3 /Comp Cpe Big Brakes for Gen2 cars Viper Days Sat Jan 22nd

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is your kit complete all R&D done, and ready to ship?

If your looking for a Right Coast Display. I sure wouldnt mind putting something together on mine, and showing people on this side of the island. I'll be going to Viper Days around here, and even in about 3 weeks at VIR where a number of Viper guys are going to have some fun with the Z club.

Give me a steal deal, and I'll be your advertisement for this side :laugh:

Jon

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, only the front is done, I'm working on the rears now. I'll start testing the fronts next week after Viper Days.
Rear bracket is under construction now, about 1/2 done. This stuff takes time, and I get CRS a lot :D :usa:

I'll keep updates coming.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave:

I've heard that this is the set-up that I will want. Keep the updates rolling! In the meantime, I'm saving.... :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
price will be based on what parts I'll provide in the kit.
Won't know that until all 6 brackets are made. I'm doing brkts for all 4SRT/CC calipers, and another set of brkts for SRT/CC fronts, and stock fronts moved to the rear.

OldFartRacing :eek: )

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a reminder for tomorrow :D Will have my new front bracket on a display stand with a RaceYellow Caliper :2tu: :usa:

Stop by and drool, I'll be there about 10-10:30AM Sat morning

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
apparently on a gen 2 viper u can still use the stock gen 2 master cylinder with srt-10 brakes front and rear. this is according to another members post here who was these brakes on his gen-2 viper. his intall was done by ted may at valaya. i just wanna run the srt-10 brakes up front on mine and put my stocker fronts on the rear. i already have ABS because my car is a 2001. my main concern is this issue with the master cylinder, but from what i undesrtsnad it not a problem. whats your take on this???

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fast Freddy,
Haven't got to that yet, about 1/2 the rear bracket done. I think(?)if I don't get CRS, you'll end up with a better pedal with the 03. Have to get brackets done first, before I worry about that.

OldFartRacing :D :2tu: :usa:

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone road tested any of these combinations? Does the car stop better or is it just novel to put Gen 3 brakes on a Gen 2? What is the effectiveness of the Gen 2 fronts going to the rear versus Gen 3 rears?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
putting the gen 2 fronts on the rear versus using gen 3 on the rear would be a cost saving measure for me. as far as effectiveness bigger brakes are always more effective than smaller brakes especially on the front which is where i would put the gen 3 brakes. but even in the rear by using my stock fronts in the rear i would still have considerably larger brakes on the rear than what i have now. as long as this works with the stock master cylinder this would be a very cost effective way for me to get alot more braking. if i need the srt-10 master cylinder then i will just go with gen 3 brakes in the rear too.

either way since i plan on road racing i need way more brake than i have now to shed the heat. for me its all about getting rid of brake heat and stopping brake fad, etc. as far as stopping distance this system will be slightly better than the stock system as long as you compare both systems in a unfaded heat condition such as you would on the street.

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now have perfect fit on fronts, and thanks to Ron(vemonblue550) perfect RaceYellow on calipers :D :usa: :2tu:
4459IMG_1591-med.jpg

4459IMG_1592-med.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth Geyer