Gen 4 10.78 pass video

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
video with the go pro attached to the rear quarter I was suprised the sound quality wasn't half bad.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CXPzRiMc2Bo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CXPzRiMc2Bo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
video with the go pro attached to the rear quarter I was suprised the sound quality wasn't half bad.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CXPzRiMc2Bo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CXPzRiMc2Bo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Wow!!! What a mess!! :crazy2:

OP
OP
L

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My goal would be to get into the 10.50 range. I really wanted to run in the 10.90ish range stock but could not bring myself to leave the car stock over the winter. Last fall I went a best of 11.12 at a 129mph on a 1.84 60ft stock, I had one pass where I ran 11.14 at 120mph on a 1.72 60 foot missed 4th gear coasted accross the line my 1000ft times were on par with the two other guys that ran in the tens but who knows the number was never achieved. Drivning the car with the drag radials is a whole new way to get the car moving as opposed to the stock tires. My 60ft times were in the 1.6 range I would need to drop that down to a low 1.50 and get rid of the bog to get into the 10.50 range. For a car with very few mods or even stock the Gen 4 is one bad ass all around car!!!

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just noticed you're listed as from Chester, VA. That VMP? Bring the car up to MIR and it'd be 10.50s!

I stay in Chester sometimes for business, work for the company with the big plant next to Philip Morris.

OP
OP
L

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just noticed you're listed as from Chester, VA. That VMP? Bring the car up to MIR and it'd be 10.50s!

I stay in Chester sometimes for business, work for the company with the big plant next to Philip Morris.

Small world I work no more than 300 yards away form Phillip Morris you should hit me up when you are down we could do some lunch.

OP
OP
L

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Loved the video. There was a big reaction time delay though...

The delay is on purpose too many fast cars held together with duct tape, I get really nervous about one coming accross the track and plowing me, saw a guy last year break an axle at the start and take out the timing light.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The delay is on purpose too many fast cars held together with duct tape, I get really nervous about one coming accross the track and plowing me, saw a guy last year break an axle at the start and take out the timing light.

Gotta agree with this one. I normally wait even longer, or redlight on purpose. Reaction time doesn't mean squat for a pass, so I'll sit on the line until I'm ready if the track crew are rushing people.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Nice 1/4 mile driving! Looks like it's time for a real clutch so you can get those Drag Radials all nice & sticky at the line and see what's really up with that bad boy..:D

Talk with you soon, I got you covered..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great runs!!....5 years ago who would have thought a nearly stock NA Viper with mild bolt ons and drag radials would be in the 10's??

Good idea on staying away from the guy in the other lanes....one broken axle shaft or other issue and they're on top of you.

Consider what Toddy said about the clutch. I was having clutch and shifting issues on my Gen 4 and his clutch solved both the issues. Besides slipping at certain times under hard loads, I think the biggest gain was on the top end. Easiest way to describe the clutch issue was between approx
5800 rpm and redline the car would zing to the rev limiter. Stuff at that speed is happening pretty quick so I just thought the car was revving out. With the new clutch, now it's still pulling and feels like the nose is still lifting like a hard launch right up to redline.

I wonder if there is some sort of diagnostic device that can be plugged into the OBDII port to measure clutch slippage versus wheel speed on a Gen 4?

Cheers,
George

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I drive by there sometimes, although not in the Viper.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very enjoyable video, excellent quality audio as well. Nicely done on the run. At first, I thought maybe you were bracket racing and were handicapped versus other vehicle.

trymyz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you power shifting? By that I mean not lifting on the gas between gear shifts. Just in case somebodies definition is different than mine.

OP
OP
L

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you power shifting? By that I mean not lifting on the gas between gear shifts. Just in case somebodies definition is different than mine.

Not really a full power shift I am letting of the gas some and getting back into as quick as I can, shifting rate before I hit the rev limiter and hitting it a little bit while the clutch is engaged. So I guess you could call it about a 45% power shift

OP
OP
L

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great runs!!....5 years ago who would have thought a nearly stock NA Viper with mild bolt ons and drag radials would be in the 10's??

Good idea on staying away from the guy in the other lanes....one broken axle shaft or other issue and they're on top of you.

Consider what Toddy said about the clutch. I was having clutch and shifting issues on my Gen 4 and his clutch solved both the issues. Besides slipping at certain times under hard loads, I think the biggest gain was on the top end. Easiest way to describe the clutch issue was between approx
5800 rpm and redline the car would zing to the rev limiter. Stuff at that speed is happening pretty quick so I just thought the car was revving out. With the new clutch, now it's still pulling and feels like the nose is still lifting like a hard launch right up to redline.

I wonder if there is some sort of diagnostic device that can be plugged into the OBDII port to measure clutch slippage versus wheel speed on a Gen 4?

Cheers,
George

Clutch is definetly on my list, but so are the matching OZ rims for the front, 3.55 gears with Giken, and the motion control coil overs. It never ends but for me that is half the fun of having a weekend toy. Oh and the track was giving me a hard time for having no roll cage better add one of those to the list. Looks like I need to find a part time job at Mcdonalds flipping burgers to support my habit (I bet I would be the only employee with a viper).:rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang