Gen 4 exhaust mod

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got it back. Cheap and you save some weight.

First off, this is my 3rd Viper, 05 that I upgraded to RT cats and 3" Corsa Track that was later changed to a B&B, Paxton 04 that was set up by Woodhouse with stock cats and 2.5" Corsa.

Now 09 with stock cats and NO muffler, they went with just straight pipe from the cats
to stock tips with chrome ad on tips. I was skeptical when I picked it up, then I started
it up, nice low rumble at idle. On the way home it almost seemed quieter at 2k to 2.5k
constant throttle cruise, no drone (and I had drone with Corsa) and I could actually
hear road noise, never with either Corsa setup. When you start to get on it it puts out
a nice muscle car rumble that builds, closest thing to a high hp V8 I have heard yet.
I was not able to really get on it due to rush hour traffic and leave town tomorrow.
I really like it and I don't like really loud and drone. Like I said earlier, the cheapest
option and you save the weight of the stock mufflers and It sounds like a 600 hp car.
More later. Oh yea, the Motons are sweet, I had forgot that feel, set at track height
plus 1/2 inch.

Herc

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 20,000 miles on my car since I removed the mufflers. It's considerably louder on cold start up, and once warm, I would say the idle is about as loud as stock. It really isn't that much louder, and the $200 I paid for this was much cheaper than $1500 for a muffler setup that was marginally louder than stock. Just my $0.02.

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 20,000 miles on my car since I removed the mufflers. It's considerably louder on cold start up, and once warm, I would say the idle is about as loud as stock. It really isn't that much louder, and the $200 I paid for this was much cheaper than $1500 for a muffler setup that was marginally louder than stock. Just my $0.02.

Did you do high flow cats as well?

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Malu59RT, who did you have do it? I was thinking of doing the same thing to my '08

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you do high flow cats as well?

No sir, just removed the mufflers.

Hey Malu59RT, who did you have do it? I was thinking of doing the same thing to my '08

I had Stuart's paint and body do it for me, since they were doing the stripes on the car when I decided I wanted to make it louder. It's really not that difficult, although I've had an issue with the exhaust tip being disconnected, even with full welds to the rest of the pipe. If you want to meet up one day and hear the car before making your final choice, I'd be happy to meet up with you. I work in Addison and live in Mesquite, just send me a PM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery