Gen 4 rubber hood bumpers-I know this has been asked before

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but of course now, I cannot find the thread. I noticed that out of four of these bumpers/rubber stops that mount on the top of the fenders, two are totally flat and need to be replaced. Where can I get these parts or at least what is the part number? I know they are Gen 4 specific. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter,

Send me an email with your address, I may have some from my car I can send you ;-)
This is very kind of you. I already sent the email. Any idea why on one side they are flat like pancakes and on passenger side, they are like new?

jrcloer1of34

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had the same problem with the left side hood bumper and ordered a new one from the local chrysler dealer. the part number is 5008628AA.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the same problem with the left side hood bumper and ordered a new one from the local chrysler dealer. the part number is 5008628AA.
That part number is for the adjustable bumper up front to adjust the gap between bumper and hood. What I have a problem with are the pieces that sit on the top of the fenders,, two per side.

Reaction score
I seemed like every hood/fender height and curve was different. There are spacer washers all along the fenders and you can change the height and gap with them. This curve difference puts pressure in different areas of each so some bumpers go flat and some don't.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seemed like every hood/fender height and curve was different. There are spacer washers all along the fenders and you can change the height and gap with them. This curve difference puts pressure in different areas of each so some bumpers go flat and some don't.
I see, so it seems the shape of the fenders, due to possible wrong spacers may be to blame. I have noticed that the curvature of the left quarter panel does not match the trunk, it kind of sags in the center. I tried to adjust it by loosening up the bolts and it popped up a bit in the center but I guess it must be the same problem like the front fender, incorrect spacer underneath. I bet is best not to mess with this stuff before making it even worse, LOL. Too bad someone at the factory did not catch this.

Oh and yes, I noticed that parts and assembly do not match even on the same car, from side to side. I was making some fiberglass parts and apparently the gaps between panels can be 1/4 inch different from side to side. This is what I noticed on my sills to quarter panel gaps. Too bad I noticed this after molding the parts on the car, LOL...

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what is the proper name for these parts and what the part number is? I do not see these parts listed anywhere, including in the parts catalog. I do not see them under hood or fender components or under general hardware listing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32