Gen 5 Viper books!!

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if these books are old news, but just recieved in the mail the hard cover "SRT VIPER...America's Supercar Returns" by Maurice (Viperholic) Liang and signed by him, forward by Ralph Gilles, along with a large bound color brochure with the #93 GTS-R in blurred motion on cover, titled "Viper Power House". Pretty nice stuff indeed.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2013 buyers are supposed to receive these, but they were not ready when I got my car. Did you order it separately, or is this the one that is supposed to come with your car?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2013 buyers are supposed to receive these, but they were not ready when I got my car. Did you order it separately, or is this the one that is supposed to come with your car?
Oh I want to rib on SRT a bit more here, but I'll refrain :p

Would be great if the books are signed, but I am not expecting it.

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think its only the GTS buyers that get the book I rember Ralph talking about it a while back. I asked my dealer about the book when I picked up my car he had no idea what I was talking about. So it nice to hear they are sending them out

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not sure if "we" are supposed to recieve these en mass and I did not order them. The book we are to recieve from SRT at some point is a leather bound one I believe, and don't know if it is the Maurice Liang one??? Maybe someone else here knows. Guess we wait and see.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its only the GTS buyers that get the book I rember Ralph talking about it a while back. I asked my dealer about the book when I picked up my car he had no idea what I was talking about. So it nice to hear they are sending them out

I'll be a little upset if the SRT buyers don't get one... Especially after the wait.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be a little upset if the SRT buyers don't get one... Especially after the wait.

WATCH... as Barnes and Nobles book stores will have it on the shelf before the owners get their copies directly from Chrysler ......JUST like the messed up car deliveries.... This way Chrysler can keep things consistent....

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have had my Launch edition GTS for over three months and still NO Book..I asked my dealer about it and they sent me the Viper SRT Brochure ( the big multi-page one) But its not the special hard cover book by Maurice........The dealers dont know about it as far as I can tell...I hope it comes direct from SRT , because if the dealers are involved it will definitely get screwed up..and end up missing

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Gen V owner should recieve a beautiful Halle Berry-isque lady with the car :rolleyes:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Book is being done in a special , leather bound edition and was only recently completed, so would imagine owners will start getting them in the near future. Supposed to be coming directly from SRT, is done by Maurice, but with even a bit more than in the nice hard bound edition available earlier.

Maurice spent alot of time with this piece of art, and SRT and Mr. Liang went over the gift book patiently. It will be a huge treasure to all when it is received -- big thanks to SRT for including this as a nice momento!!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

Just to clarify a question asked earlier, this special edition book will go to each 2013 Viper buyer, correct? I never heard of any GTS or SRT differentiation before.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Never heard any designation of just GTS owners, always heard it was going to new Gen V Viper owners -- only thing that really makes common sense, can't imagine why they would select on a specific model.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a copy off of Amazon, excellent book full of great photos. But, I still want my owner's edition.