Gen II GTS prices SKYROCKET!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say I am a bit disappointed with the concept Gen III coupe at VOI. On the other hand, my Gen II GTS is going to hold rock solid in value or even appreciated a bit. "Skyrocket" may be pusing it, but I had to get your attention. How's that for a silver lining?

:2tu:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personaly think that the gen 3 GTS is a better looking car than the gen 2 gts.

So oppinions vary, and gts prices will be affected without a doubt. Especialy since there are many many GTS owners waiting for something new, and they will all dump their old cars to get the new ones.

PatrickG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Russ, this is "wishful thinking". There will be enough people looking for a new car.

The production of the GTS has stopped 'years' ago, so why didn't it skyrock then?

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least the SRT Coup shows that DC is listening to all the comments about the gen II/gen III styling. I applaud their effort in trying to come up with something that will appeal to more buyers.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the Gen 3 is supposed to be 600hp. What's the odds it wont be the same price as the roadster..?

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only person who didn't like the duck-tail spoiler rear end in the Gen II GTS either. Just looks too much like the seventy-something Camaro/Firebird to me...

Really wish they'd worked off the GTS-R concept car instead.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only person who didn't like the duck-tail spoiler rear end in the Gen II GTS either. Just looks too much like the seventy-something Camaro/Firebird to me...

Yeah your pretty much the only one. :rolleyes: Boy I want a sandwich!!! :eek:

flying dutchman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dont like the rear either,where's the street legal comp coupe???

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 02 GTS now and am confident our values will hold just fine, as compared to most other cars. However, I do think the next year will provide some great buying opportunities if Gen 2 buyers are looking to sell quickly. I haven't seen the new one in person, but I really do love the interior of the Gen 3 srt-10, just not so crazy about the exterior. I plan to keep driving mine and enjoying it as much as possible. Regardless of value, we could all be gone tomorrow (life is too short) - enjoy these incredible vehicles, and if their value increases, count it as icing on the cake!

enjoy.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my 2002 Z06 for a 2001 GTS. Needless to say, Im confident, the Viper will hold its value better than the Z06..

I paid $48,650 for my Z06 in 4/2002. Then sold it in 6/2004 for $28,000... Hows that for depreciation???

OP
OP
O

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, some people will sell there Gen II GTS's just to get the 'new thing'. So sure, some may go cheap. But after those impulse buyers are gone, the Gen II GTS prices will hold firm. You really can't argue popular opinion ranks it the best looking Viper, and its design is timeless. Not to mention 40K-50K doesn't buy you THAT much car now-a-days. A loaded SUV, a base Corvette, a 3 or 5 series, or a mint Gen II GTS? And that's todays market. In 3-4 years, what is 40K gonna get you? I think many buyers are smart enough to opt for the used car that will hold it's value and be a riot to own.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya, I was all about selling mine a few months ago to move onto something else, but I think now I would let my house go before selling the viper. I love the GEN II ACR I own, and its just going to get a stable mate when the Gen III Coupe comes out, if it is as impressive as I am hoping.

The value of the GTS/ACRs ? Doesnt really matter, no one is getting mine, but I'll put money on them holding strong. (Actually, I already did, when I bought it back in 2002).

Jon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad