Gen II Seat cushion removal?

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know how to remove the lower seat cushion on a Gen II? I want to check the tubing for the lumbar support, but would rather not pull the whole seat out. I checked the service manual and searched on the site, but can't seem to find Gen II info.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen 1 seat cushions can come out separately. Not sure if Gen 2's are the same.

On Gen 1's, there's a "bracket" in the front of the seat. Release it and the seat cushion comes right out. Can be a big pain to get the bracket locked back into place, but comes out really easy.

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't look like the Gen II has the clip/bracket that I can tell. How 'bout it, Dave? Help a neighbor out?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 bolts and the seat is out, 5 minutes, tops. Easier than trying to remove the cushion that doesn't separate easy at all..................

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a Gen two, the bottom of the seat and the backrest do separate. There are fasteners. I did it years ago.

However, the actual leather cover is held in with hog rings. I'd strongly advise taking the seat out, and to an upholstery shop if you want the actual cover removed.

Once the seat is out...you may be able to look at the tubing without taking separating the bottom and backrest anyhow.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will have to take the seat out as this is the easiest way but there is a connector that connects the airtube from the plunger to the back inflatable pillow which is under the seat so place the seat upside down onece removed, it will be on the drivers side right (if drivers seat) where the bolt is that connects the seat back to the bottom maybe the tube disconnected and hopefully the pillow is not damaged.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi