Gen II Viper vs. C5 ZO6 Corvette

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry fellas. No vid. No pics. No great story of a kill....yet.

I have a buddy that has a 2004 Silver Z06 and he wants to throw down this weekend. The only mod he has is a Borla exhaust and an intake. My mods are below, very similar. Even without the mods, shouldn't I be able to handle my friend rather easily. I was even curious if a stock C5 Z06 could handle a Gen II. Luckliy, we have great places out here with no traffic to race.

Warfang, I might have to call you in for back-up.

I'll let you know the results on Sunday, but I want to know what to expect. Seems logical that a 450HP Viper could handle a 405HP Vette. Not a Vette hater, but would love to eat one up. Thanks for your opinion.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get too comfortable....if he can drive better than you, you are in for a good race.

You should be able to handle them, just don't let your guard down.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had no problem when I raced a Buddies C5 Z06 (Intake and full exhaust). I had no problem when I raced a C6. So basicly you SHOULD have no problem with it. :2tu:

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me also mention that I do have a fairly new pair of Pilots on, so traction shouldn't be terrible. I need to practice the best launch, but so far the slow launch from 2K- 2.5K RPM seems to be the most clean. I am praying I don't miss the 2-3....

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You shouldn't have a problem, just don't get to over confident. By the end of 3rd gear you should be done with him.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in a 1/4 mile race it will be very close and will come down to whoever gets the better traction on the launch. given a equally good traction and driving by both drivers my $$$ are on the viper by 1 car length.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be a good race. In the end you should win but it won't necessarily be a slam dunk kill. Drivers skill is a huge factor. Good luck and post the results!!

Larz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have no problem unless you cant drive. I raced my cousins stock 02 z06 and beat him.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry fellas. No vid. No pics. No great story of a kill....yet.

I have a buddy that has a 2004 Silver Z06 and he wants to throw down this weekend. The only mod he has is a Borla exhaust and an intake. My mods are below, very similar. Even without the mods, shouldn't I be able to handle my friend rather easily. I was even curious if a stock C5 Z06 could handle a Gen II. Luckliy, we have great places out here with no traffic to race.

Warfang, I might have to call you in for back-up.

I'll let you know the results on Sunday, but I want to know what to expect. Seems logical that a 450HP Viper could handle a 405HP Vette. Not a Vette hater, but would love to eat one up. Thanks for your opinion.
I won't even bring my snake... just a spatula to scrape the z06 off the a$$phalt. :D

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me also mention that I do have a fairly new pair of Pilots on, so traction shouldn't be terrible. I need to practice the best launch, but so far the slow launch from 2K- 2.5K RPM seems to be the most clean. I am praying I don't miss the 2-3....

The 2nd to 3rd can bite you so be careful. All and all if you shift correctly you should be fine.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, would not waste my time with anything less than a C6, but since he really wants a snake, he should be ready for the bite also...

You should have no problem, will be a snack for the your snake, hand his *** to him..period...

I wish I could get more Vettes around here that wanted to run....

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C5 Z06 = C6, horsepower wise.

Stock 96+ Viper vs C5 Z06/C6 (6 spd) is going to be close. Remember the Chevy's are about 300 lbs or so lighter and I believe the gearing is little bit "better".

Although, I can't say from experience because I modded both my cars from day 1.
:D

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are a terrible driver, you should have no problems with a vette. I have beat up on many in the past and all of my kills have been without my nitrous and all that I have is a Gen1 with RR's and high flows cats/muffs!

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an 02 Z06 before the Viper. Great car, but definitely lacking the raw grunt of the Viper. I played with a Gen I which was stock according to the driver, and had no problems keeping up with, and sometimes passing if I kept the engine in its sweet spot. He would always reel me back in though :2tu:

It will come down to driver, with a little more margin of error for you than him. Good luck! :D

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spanking Time!!!!!!!!!

Dont loose the traction on the first gear and you will be able to put a Z-06 scalp on the garage wall!!!!
I have many... :2tu:

sshorty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be a good race if you are both good drivers. I have seen stock C5 Z06's run low 12's at the track with a great driver, but you typically see them going mid 12's. I have also seen stock Gen2's run mid 12's as well. Make sure you just drive your car to the best of your ability. You should be able to take him, as long as you can drive lol. Good luck, I wanna see the spatchula marks! lol

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry fellas. Race has been postponed due to rain here in the bay. We will try again next weekend. Sorry, results will come soon. Hopefully a spanking report.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry fellas. Race has been postponed due to rain here in the bay. We will try again next weekend. Sorry, results will come soon. Hopefully a spanking report.
all this hype about spanking a vette, and you let all this rain get in the way. I dont blame ya, infact we just got all your leftover rain here in utah, it downpoured for awhile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas