Gen III/Gen IV Mount for Samsung Galaxy S4????

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone with a Gen III or Gen IV have a Samsung Galaxy S4? How are you mounting (if you do) in your vehicle. I'm not too crazy about the idea of a "suckon" windshield mount. Are there any other options and does anyone have photos of the solution you are using?

Thanks in advance.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mount my Note 2 which is even bigger, firmly in my center storage compartment. This way, I keep distractions at bay when driving.:2tu: If you really need it, go with Bluetooth set up.

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Ram Mount for my work van. It is an awesome piece. You can configure it any way you want, they have lots of options. Also made in the USA so that was a plus for me.

http://www.rammount.com/

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there MJ,
I took an old GPS mount and rigged it to bolt into the lower right side of the center dash panel using a small 90 angle bracket and replacing the stock bolt with a longer one.
I then bought the otterbox defender case with the belt clip holster and mounted it (holster) with 3M double back tape to the GPS mount.
The holster can be removed and replaced any time I upgrade/change phones. It works great for me in that spot.

I hope this helps.

Demoe

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
MuscleJunkie

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pony23 - thanks, I'll check it out.

Unfortunately, the built in SVoice and Google Now leave alot to be desired as far as completely touch-less control. The accuracy via BT headset stinks. These systems still need a couple more generations for a completely touch-less control system. And for the iPhone crowd - Siri isn't much better. The only system that comes a bit closer is that on the Lumia 920 but unfortunately the rest of the entire phone and OS really stinks. Until then the center console won't work and I'll need to have something that can securely hold the device (probably at the cup holder or somewhere by the center stack) where the screen can be viewed and occasional touch input can safely be done

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about getting a suction cup style mount, use a little Velcro on the suction cup, and also the bottom of the "cup" holder. This would be prime location for touching buttons but still be out of the way for shifting? I have tried using my nav like this, but its just not flat enough for the suction cup to stick on the cup holder by itself.

You can also go this route: http://www.amazon.com/Mountek-nGroove-Universal-Phones-Devices/dp/B004G1L52Q
It goes into the CD slot of the radio. I wouldn't use it as a permanent mount, but for the temporary use, it should be fine.