Gen III & IV Values Once 2013 is out?

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know much of economy... I only took a crappy course on it while getting my engineering degree but if I recall correctly it is us who will determine what will happen with the prices. The balance between demand and offer sets the price. If after the gen5 is out everybody goes out there trying to get a cheap Gen3/4 their prices will go up not down. If on the other hand people see the new car and decide to wait until they can afford one the prices will drop a bit. In general though car are depreciating assets so I think it would be unrealistic for a dealership or private seller to think they can raise the price of their used car by a huge margin. In general people is not willing to pay more of what they have seen other are paying for. So my guess is that prices will keep declining the real question is how the gen5 will affect how fast they decline. Viper are know to depreciate very slowly so we'll see.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you Tony, but if there's a big price increase for the 2013 the value of all viper will stay the same or increase a bit. The dealer cost of a gen1 1994 was roughly 60-65 k (canadian$$$) and look today they sell for around 30 k so .....

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are more factors at play other than a new car coming out. The economy, especially in an election year coming up, the new car price, how it is accepted by the current Viper owner, the potential new non Viper owner and how it is perceived, etc. i am sure it will be a great car and I was going to wait to get one, but I pulled the trigger on what I thought was the last of a breed. Even though I think I have something that will retain value pretty well, that is not the reason I bought it. The new one will have to be incredible to get me out of what I have.

I was thinking about selling my Gen IV to get the SE SSG ACR!!!! I'd love to check out your car sometime.

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO…Prices on the Gen-IV have already started to drop. I just closed on a “New” (Un-Titled, 4 miles) 2010, Coupe for 79k. (20k off sticker) I have been trying for some time to purchase a 2010 and my waiting has paid off… Just my thoughts…