Gen III seats on a GTS

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, those of you who have done the install ( I've had Gen III seats on my GTS for a couple of yrs.)
Have you been able to install the Driver seat such that the center line of the steering wheel lines up perfectly with the center line (middle) of the seat??

I just noticed mine does not line up( the center line of the wheel is a little to the right side from the center line of the seat), it looks like I could re-install the seat maybe 1/2" closer towards the center console, but there really is not much room, they do fit very tight in the space available.

Just wondering if anybody has noticed this before.

TIA!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack, but for those of us considering the swap, how difficult is it?

OP
OP
V

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not difficult at all, just need to fab some alum. tabs to be able to relocate the seats mounting holes to the stock GTS position.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, that's pretty straightforward. Hopefully someone'll answer your question (I have no idea).

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have installed a seat lowering kit and the tunnel made the seat sit a little closer to the door. Raising it up a little may give you the clearance you need. But if your over 6 feet you might wanna leave it alone. Don't worry your the only person that knows it isn't centered,,,, well and me. But I won't say a word.

GTS Warp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering the 1" lowering kit on the stock seats so it still has fore/aft travel (2" kit is fixed). How do you like the Gen 3 seats in the GTS?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen.3 seats DO NOT fit properly in the Gen.2 The seat frame is wider than the floor space of the gen.2 They will sit too high. Cannot be done without making a new seat base. If they are in your car now, they are too high or way over towards the door which is not right. Plus, they take up too much room.

OP
OP
V

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly feel mine as high as the stock Gen 2 seats. I had my guy fab a 1/4" thick alum. bar that allows the relocation of the Gen III mounting points to the Gen 2 holes.
the seats fit fine and I have no issues with the door or anything. I still think I could get the driver seat a little closer to the center of the car (maybe 1/2" ) and get the seat centered when compared to the steering wheel, but I have not looked into it yet.

I'm just wondering if it can be done, or if others had noticed no matter what the seat is not 100% centered with respect to the steering wheel do to the sapce avail.

I can tell you the pedals do not feel offset anymore though....

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I honestly feel mine as high as the stock Gen 2 seats. I had my guy fab a 1/4" thick alum. bar that allows the relocation of the Gen III mounting points to the Gen 2 holes.
the seats fit fine and I have no issues with the door or anything. I still think I could get the driver seat a little closer to the center of the car (maybe 1/2" ) and get the seat centered when compared to the steering wheel, but I have not looked into it yet.

I'm just wondering if it can be done, or if others had noticed no matter what the seat is not 100% centered with respect to the steering wheel do to the sapce avail.

I can tell you the pedals do not feel offset anymore though....

Any pics??

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And the AL parts are all crash certified, I guess :crazy2:

The seat belt does not attach to the seat frame when it is in a GEN II like it does in a GEN III+. I used .75" x ~1.25" aluminum bar because I intended to use the LATCH system, much more beef than the stock setup. Otherwise, the adapters just need to retain the seat itself. I had no worries...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi