S1 Sequential Shifter - Gen 3

Gary Dawson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good day!

I am intrigued with the concept of a sequential shifter. Just wondering if any Gen 3 owners have any real world experience with these. And can it be a clean install without hacking up the center console?

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to comp coupe owners/racers. And some high HP turbo guys.

The 'intrigued' will be slapped silly by the price of the tranny alone.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good day!

I am intrigued with the concept of a sequential shifter. Just wondering if any Gen 3 owners have any real world experience with these. And can it be a clean install without hacking up the center console?
Dig around and you'll some threads either here, on the voa or on fb sites. There are a couple of companies that convert the T-56 which is also a vette trans.

As Googles mentioned talk to the comp coupe guys. I have an EMCO sequential and had it converted to paddles. My EMCO has great gearing with a 6th at basically 1 to 1 so I'm always on the power at the track. You can get 5th and 6th with overdrive ratio's for a street car. Price for an EMCO is probably $25K, there are others out there that might be as low as $15k. Not sure what the cost of a T-56 conversion is?

If you want a sequential, then it needs to be a dedicated track car, or, you just have a ton of $$$'s and put one in a street car.

OP
OP
Gary Dawson

Gary Dawson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think maybe I didn't clarify. There is an S1 shifter that converts our H shifter pattern to a sequential on our stock transmissions. You still need to use the clutch but just pulling straight back to upshift and push forward to downshift has a great appeal to me. It's about $1500 bucks but as ugly as sin. I was just wondering if it can be installed without hacking up the center console?

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can do the same with paddles and has been used on the GTM. I forgot and am too lazy to look it up what US company makes it.

I contacted S1 (i think it was them) looong time ago about info for a project but decided it was cheaper and better to make my own control board, etc.

The cool fact will wear off very quickly.

OP
OP
Gary Dawson

Gary Dawson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are probably right. My car is pretty much bone stock except for an underdrive pulley and a 3.55 rear end. Probably best to keep it looking stock to maximize the resale value. I am going to try the shorter shifter stalk but a new owner could always put the long one back on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21