Gen III Styling Modifications

I Ben Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way back when, there was a thread that mentioned several styling mods DC was going to make before releasing the Gen III to make it more "agressive".

Anyone know what happened?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have redone the rear section top and bottom, plus added the black covers over the exhaust tips. Those are the only real noticeable changes I have seen. I would guess that they will be pointing out the changes at VOI?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought they were "adjusting" the front fenders.

When you see early SRT pictures compared to recent SRT pictures, I believe you can see the changes.

I really think DC owes us some REAL pictures of the final car here... especially in black and silver. I can't imagine why they haven't given them to us yet - surely the paint is already in house and test cars have been produced in these colors?

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve - you really can't count the black patch over the exhaust outlet as a styling change to make the car more aggressive, it must be more of an inelegant solution to a heat related paint problem. It simply looks bad & I am sure many will have body shops un-doing the black paint when the car is delivered.

Why they don't go with a stainless shield like that shown on the comp coupe, or at least ovalize the black paint to mimic the exhaust outlet I can't understand at all.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can count any change that changes the appearance as a styling change, especially if they are trying to re-capture the black metal look of the original RT/10!

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, at least if they were trying to capture the look of the original black side exhaust detail (although I can't see any similarity there at all) there should not be a problem with having the squared off patch eliminated as far as paint problems go, right?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang