Gen IV Viper gone - but Mods are for sale !

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It was sad to see my Viper go after a friend got into an accident this summer with the car, but good news is it was bought by another member on the forum and will be on the road again!

I do have some modifications I took off the car ,that have roughly 5k Kms on them, I am looking to sell.

Full Belanger Exhaust Kit - Headers, Hi Flow Cats and Cat back - $2800

Mopar Race PCM - For convertible - $750

AB Wires set - Red with Grey heat socks - $130

All prices are plus shipping.

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would the pcm be plug and play for a 2008 Vert, or is there some special stuff required?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would want to have a dealer relearn the Electronic Throttle Control/ Throttle Position Sensor and the misfire detection on your car to prevent any check engine lights from coming on. They will also be able to update the mileage in the PCM to match the mileage that is in your BCM/cluster.

OP
OP
S

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bump Still for sale.

Combined items, added one new item, lowered prices.

Full Belanger Exhaust Kit - Headers, Hi Flow Cats and Cat back - $2700

Mopar Race PCM - For convertible - $700

AB Wires set - Red with Grey heat socks - $125

MGW License plate frame (tripel chrome) with 3d fangs logo - $45 (no screws included)

If you want to purchase everything above will do it as a package deal for $3000 plus shipping.

Last edited:

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does it matter if the PCM is for a convertible or coupe or ACR? I was under the assumption that there was only 1 Gen IV PCM. I'm interested in the PCM if it will work on a Gen IV coupe/ACR.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It would work but the windows I don't believe open/close properly when you open the doors.

Someone with a coupe may know the answer to this.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it matter if the PCM is for a convertible or coupe or ACR? I was under the assumption that there was only 1 Gen IV PCM. I'm interested in the PCM if it will work on a Gen IV coupe/ACR.

It will work! I sold my mopar PCM off my vert to a coupe and it worked flawlessly!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it won't. The window drop depends on the VIN. The VIN in the PCM tells the BCM if it's a coupe or convertible. And the window drop between the two is different.

OP
OP
S

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update

Full Belanger Exhaust Kit - Headers, Hi Flow Cats and Cat back - SOLD

Mopar Race PCM - For convertible - $600

AB Wires set - Red with Grey heat socks - $115

MGW License plate frame (tripel chrome) with 3d fangs logo - $40 (no screws included)

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Adding in my old stereo that was in the car now, plus a custom footwell sub enclosure.

Clarion NZ503 deck w/Ipod video cable, back up camera, and XM radio kit - $600
Alpine PDX V9 Amp - $499
Focal 165KRX2 - $775
JL Audio 8W3v3-4 - $150 (custom enclosure +$50)

Open to offers, complete setup above was used for 2 months, then car was gone. Professionally installed everything still works great. Sounded amazing in the Viper.

See links below for product details

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/produc...ion/NZ503/us-en-product-hi_1259655184703.html
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/pdx-v9/
http://www.focal.com/en/k2-power/180-165-krx2-3544052751321.html
http://www.jlaudio.ca/car-audio-subwoofer-drivers-w3v3

Have pictures upon request.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No it won't. The window drop depends on the VIN. The VIN in the PCM tells the BCM if it's a coupe or convertible. And the window drop between the two is different.

Negative. The VIN in the BCM is already there and programmed separately, not being able to be changed in any case. Changing the VIN in the PCM will have no effect on the programming for the windows in the BCM.

OP
OP
S

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bump.

Full Belanger Exhaust Kit - Headers, Hi Flow Cats and Cat back - SOLD

Mopar Race PCM - For convertible - $600

AB Wires set - Red with Grey heat socks - $115

MGW License plate frame (tripel chrome) with 3d fangs logo - $40 (no screws included)

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Negative. The VIN in the BCM is already there and programmed separately, not being able to be changed in any case. Changing the VIN in the PCM will have no effect on the programming for the windows in the BCM.

Then are you saying SRT and the Mopar PCM instruction manual is wrong?

Also when I installed a used Mopar PCM from a convertible into my coupe (still had the convertible VIN in it), it caused the windows not to drop fully and hit my roof on my coupe. Swapped in a used PCM from another coupe and the problem went away. Swapped in a new PCM and my original PCM and the problem went away.

Good luck on the sale of the PCM, it's a smoking price. Surprised you still have it!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Then are you saying SRT and the Mopar PCM instruction manual is wrong?

Also when I installed a used Mopar PCM from a convertible into my coupe (still had the convertible VIN in it), it caused the windows not to drop fully and hit my roof on my coupe. Swapped in a used PCM from another coupe and the problem went away. Swapped in a new PCM and my original PCM and the problem went away.

Sorry, have not had the same experience- cannot tell you the actual reason it did not. My comment was primarily pointed towards the PCM "changing" the BCM VIN. It does not, and you can test this easily with the gauge check function [this would be a highly dangerous sales point if it actually did for odometer reasons]. If the BCM is editing the Window settings via an external VIN, that is just plain goofy considering there is an internal VIN. I have not seen anything to directly indicate the truth to this myself, but if there is one thing I have learned when it comes to Chrysler, it is to never underestimate the oddities that they can program into something.

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not saying the PCM VIN changes the BCM VIN. It does not.

What I stated was the VIN in the PCM determines the window drop function. SRT is stated this on the forums. The Mopar PCM instruction manual states this. I have experienced it first hand myself.

With my ACR VIN/Mileage in the BCM, I installed a used Mopar PCM from a convertible.
We were able to update the mileage in the PCM (to match my cluster/BCM) and do the full relearn.
However we were not able to update the VIN that was written to the PCM.
Everything with this used PCM worked, the window drop feature worked, however the window did not drop enough, this caused the windows to kit the coupe roof upon opening/closing the doors.

I put in my OEM PCM the problem went away. I put in another used Mopar PCM from another coupe and the problem went away. As goofy as it was and as much as I didn't want to believe the PCM VIN could cause it, my experience seemed to match up with exactly what the Mopar PCM manual states and what SRT has stated on the forums.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am not saying the PCM VIN changes the BCM VIN. It does not.

What I stated was the VIN in the PCM determines the window drop function. SRT is stated this on the forums. The Mopar PCM instruction manual states this. I have experienced it first hand myself.

With my ACR VIN/Mileage in the BCM, I installed a used Mopar PCM from a convertible.
We were able to update the mileage in the PCM (to match my cluster/BCM) and do the full relearn.
However we were not able to update the VIN that was written to the PCM.
Everything with this used PCM worked, the window drop feature worked, however the window did not drop enough, this caused the windows to kit the coupe roof upon opening/closing the doors.

I put in my OEM PCM the problem went away. I put in another used Mopar PCM from another coupe and the problem went away. As goofy as it was and as much as I didn't want to believe the PCM VIN could cause it, my experience seemed to match up with exactly what the Mopar PCM manual states and what SRT has stated on the forums.

Dont get me wrong, I got ya. I am just stating that as you said, it is extremely strange to be set up that way, and for whatever reason, the coupe that was through here and had a used Vert PCM did not display the same problem. No idea why either, never dug into it.

OP
OP
S

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm also surprised I still have it. I was looking around for a PCM when I bought mine, no used ones for sale at the time!

Priced new this is around 1100 give or take, over 50% off right now !