Gen ll Manifold on Gen l

RTIO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does the Gen ll Manifold fit Gen l and what
Are the advantages of using it on the Gen l motor.

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently in the middle of doing this. I asked this very question many times and got many different answers but the answer is yes, it will fit. You will have to reroute some hoses I was told but it does fit. Now the real question is what else are you going to do to your engine? If you are not going to port your heads and/or put a new/different cam in it my understanding is the Gen II manifold will not yield you any gains. The TB's on the Gen II are larger, 65mm, and the injectors are pushing a higher lb. This is one of the things that allowed the Gen II motor to be rated at 450hp vs 400hp in most Gen I's except for the 96 RT. If you do a search for almost the very same wording as your post I am sure my old post will pop up and you can see all the related info therein.

Craig,

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
always heard the intake on the gen2's were restrictive, curious to see how the gen2 to 1 swap works out

OP
OP
R

RTIO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am currently in the middle of doing this. I asked this very question many times and got many different answers but the answer is yes, it will fit. You will have to reroute some hoses I was told but it does fit. Now the real question is what else are you going to do to your engine? If you are not going to port your heads and/or put a new/different cam in it my understanding is the Gen II manifold will not yield you any gains. The TB's on the Gen II are larger, 65mm, and the injectors are pushing a higher lb. This is one of the things that allowed the Gen II motor to be rated at 450hp vs 400hp in most Gen I's except for the 96 RT. If you do a search for almost the very same wording as your post I am sure my old post will pop up and you can see all the related info therein.

Craig,
how did you do yours and how many changers did you do to make it fit and price of what it cost.who did it for you

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just installed an extruded honed gen 2 on my gen 1 , had to inlarge the holes that bolt to the head , install 2 vacuum ports on the out side of the plenums , and plugged the vacuume ports at the front of the intake [to small] and drilled two larger ones for the intake to pcv . will post a photo when the upgrades are done .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh