Gen V & Challenger Hellcat

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A set of street/drag radials and a well prepped track will cure the hook up problem. It did for my supercharged Chally which was running a 3.92 diff. The Hellcat will live up to its name.
I think that would depend on how the torque management is set up and how strong the rear end is... From what I see, DRs are no longer an universal cure to lack of traction...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. But I think the Hellcat in many ways will perform in a similar fashion to my former car but since it has more power and an eight speed auto, it will be faster. My car was producing about 550 HP; had a 3.92 AMG diff, Corsa catback. 3 liter Techco supercharger, stiffer suspension and, when it was on the strip, ran BFG drag radials. The calibration was dialed in by Johan at Diablo.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. But I think the Hellcat in many ways will perform in a similar fashion to my former car but since it has more power and an eight speed auto, it will be faster. My car was producing about 550 HP; had a 3.92 AMG diff, Corsa catback. 3 liter Techco supercharger, stiffer suspension and, when it was on the strip, ran BFG drag radials. The calibration was dialed in by Johan at Diablo.
Assuming your 550 is rwhp, Hellcat may actually have less power than your car. I just hope Chrysler has enough common sense to include modifications your car has, including that big displacement blower, but this is yet to be seen.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya I know,but when it gets boring I just say Porsche 911 Turbo S and it gets enteraning responses. After all, that is why we all talk all this BS any way....Entertainment ....

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All BS ing a side,the Hellcat shoud be a good drag strip test and tune play car for cheap $$$$ ...Should do mid 11s easy with some DRs... I thnik it looks excellent and will be really bad axxx looking blacked out...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was 550 flywheel HP.

Assuming your 550 is rwhp, Hellcat may actually have less power than your car. I just hope Chrysler has enough common sense to include modifications your car has, including that big displacement blower, but this is yet to be seen.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting read on MT. Seems like the Hellcat will be over 600hp as we knew but weight around 4400lbs ish yikes, and the SRT will be 4200lbs ish. It looks like they will be following the Mustangs lead with big 600hp plus but with skinny 275 tires....Car looks real good in and out though.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1405_2015_dodge_challenger_srt_first_look/

Not sure that' a mustang lead to follow. 4,200-4,400 lbs is a far cry heavier than my '14 GT500 at 3850 lbs. The mustang may be "heavy" compared to a viper or vette, but not in general. 4400 lbs is like SUV territory for Pete's sake. When you break that kind of weight it just seems like sloppy design to me. or serious cost cutting, but it's all good, another hi-power US car out there to play with, it's about time Dodge got into the game & had some fun.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. That is an estimated number derived from the RWHP figure done on a Dyno jet in very hot, humid conditions assuming driveline loss of 15% or so. In order to use the full potential of the 3 liter Techco, I would have had to have the engine built and other driveline components changed out to be more robust. That would have been a far more expensive project.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure that' a mustang lead to follow. 4,200-4,400 lbs is a far cry heavier than my '14 GT500 at 3850 lbs. The mustang may be "heavy" compared to a viper or vette, but not in general. 4400 lbs is like SUV territory for Pete's sake. When you break that kind of weight it just seems like sloppy design to me. or serious cost cutting, but it's all good, another hi-power US car out there to play with, it's about time Dodge got into the game & had some fun.

You got me wrong. I was refering to the big power/tq numbers with comparitively skinny 275 tires out back a la GT500 with its 660+ and I think 285's out back, not the weight issue...Would have liked to have seen a 315 or more back there straight from factory not to mention how much better it would look with that fatter rubber...

drl650

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Z06 has a Min of 625hp GM has not yet said an exact HP # The latest rumor is it will come in around 640 to 650hp? Time will tell. Also the new Hellcat seems like it will be a great fun pony car that should do pretty good against the other pony cars, The new ZL1 for 2015 or late 2015 will be a lighter and higher hp car.

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer the OP. While visiting in Detroit I can tell you that there will not be any Vert. for "15" stop even saying that. However there will be a HP bump. For anyone who thinks I'm wrong keep my post and let me know how wrong I am when you see a "15" Vert .
SRT has a lot of other problems to worry about and its not a Vert.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the bump, assuming there is a 2015, going to be pretty minor one and due to a slightly more aggressive calibration so that there is no need for an engine recert?

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer the OP. While visiting in Detroit I can tell you that there will not be any Vert. for "15" stop even saying that. However there will be a HP bump. For anyone who thinks I'm wrong keep my post and let me know how wrong I am when you see a "15" Vert .
SRT has a lot of other problems to worry about and its not a Vert.

Your information on power is contrary to recent information from relaible sources. If in fact your information is correct, the bump should be applicable to all Gen Vs through an ECU reflash or otherwise at no cost to avoid penalizing the existing Gen V owners who supported SRT/Dodge and those who step up to purchase the existing 2013 and 2014 inventories.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any one thinks SRT is going to give anything away for free,you have drank way to much SRT Kool Aid.... They never have and never will...