Gen V Viper in Viper magazine

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Picture of that rendering for those did not see it yet..
http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anything-goes/93374-2013-viper-spied-2.html

It looks good,but the sides need more curves like the orginal GTS..

I agree ... I just hope it doesnt look like that.
Im just more of a fan of this.
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/641239-So-this-is-what-I-ve-been-up-to...?highlight=falcon
Falcon_01.jpg

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drawing is still not quite the same as the VOI version. On either side of the hoodscoop are the Ford DT inserts and the grill is different. Also part of the roof overlaps onto the rear hatch glass. The new car does have a more GTS look to it than SRT.

Bruce

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The drawing is still not quite the same as the VOI version. On either side of the hoodscoop are the Ford DT inserts and the grill is different. Also part of the roof overlaps onto the rear hatch glass. The new car does have a more GTS look to it than SRT.

Bruce

That's good to know.
I also hope they don't incorporate that low profile (side windows) "gangster" chop look..

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received the magazine today. Kudos to those who produced it. Excellent job. The cover shot appears to show the real Gen V emblem on a real steering wheel. I think that it turned out well. As for the drawings in the article itself, I doubt that they are close to what the car will really look like. Ralph and his merry designers must have refined what was shown at Salt Lake City by now after taking into consideration the feedback from those who saw the styrofoam mockup. That is what Dodge did with the 2006 Gen III coupe. From my standpoint unless the upcoming Gen V is a bit lighter; has a true six speed transmission; handles better and has at least 700 HP, I will keep what I have no matter what it looks like. I also do not care what kind of nanny tech is put on the car as long as I can turn it off if I choose to.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really can't tell how the actual car will look from that sketch. The charter of the original Vipers was to be a modern day Cobra. No matter what they do with the Gen5 there will be naysayers. The purists will say too modern or the pure performance and luxury crowd will say not contemporary enough.

I can't speak for all owners but big engine normally aspirated power, the Ring record and something that looks unique and could never be confused with a corvette would hit the bulls eye.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until the Vette tries to copy it (ex. headlights on the C6).

You really can't tell how the actual car will look from that sketch. The charter of the original Vipers was to be a modern day Cobra. No matter what they do with the Gen5 there will be naysayers. The purists will say too modern or the pure performance and luxury crowd will say not contemporary enough.

I can't speak for all owners but big engine normally aspirated power, the Ring record and something that looks unique and could never be confused with a corvette would hit the bulls eye.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got my magazine and the only pic that looks semi promising is the center sketch on page 21. The Velado deal looks like a tasteless Vette transformation commissioned by a trust fund baby meets X-Box. Those aweful wheels...................ugh!

I'm positive Ralph would not design something like that.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got my magazine and the only pic that looks semi promising is the center sketch on page 21. The Velado deal looks like a tasteless Vette transformation commissioned by a trust fund baby meets X-Box. Those aweful wheels...................ugh!

I'm positive Ralph would not design something like that.

Agreed 100%. The center sketch is pretty nice or at least the best of all. Your decription of the Velado is very well done indeed.

The front of the sketch on page 21 is very Viper-like, and the sides bring back the Gen 1/2 curve which I always liked. The Velado front looks like it came from a Transformers movie, and why is it frowning? Quoting the words of the late great Redd Foxx playing Fred Samford: "That is a who lot of ugly..."

The rear of the Velado is not too bad.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My previous issue came in an "opened" envelope and looked like it hadn't been licked or sealed...THIS issue came two days ago, it is in a perfectly sealed envelope....not wanting to do DNA testing, but when I brought it up the last time, it was only meant for constructive criticism...several took it the wrong way, I would think that the board czars would welcome feedback ?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good catch on the fender cove.
I just got the magazine yesterday, I'm surprised others have not noted more changes in the "new" Volado drawing vs. the old. I can count 5 significant changes.
All of them seeming to make the car look more GTS'ish. Just like I remember from VOI. Although I spot one change that is different from VOI and still makes the car even more like a GTS than the VOI car.
Going in the right direction for me if it resembles changes made to the actual car!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good catch on the fender cove.
I just got the magazine yesterday, I'm surprised others have not noted more changes in the "new" Volado drawing vs. the old. I can count 5 significant changes.
All of them seeming to make the car look more GTS'ish. Just like I remember from VOI. Although I spot one change that is different from VOI and still makes the car even more like a GTS than the VOI car.
Going in the right direction for me if it resembles changes made to the actual car!

I agree moving in the right direction!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, is the Viper script on the front of the magazine going to be the Gen V font/script etc? Of course, we already know the new logo since VOI, but curious about this as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc