Gen V Viper in Viper magazine

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Artists renditions in the May/June magazine are what I remember seeing at VOI-11. Anybody agree?

Full side view in the table of contents.

Love it, love it.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it against the rules to scan and post it on here? if is forget i even asked and i shall wait patiently....

J

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it against the rules to scan and post it on here? if is forget i even asked and i shall wait patiently....

J

Scan it! Viper magazine is available to the public, so they can have their hands on it soon enough...won't be against the rules

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I literally ran out to my mailbox hoping to see it in there, since we don't check the mail everyday...not here yet!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing in that article that hasn't been seen or read before here and elsewhere, don't get excited.
Four pages of teaser.

OP
OP
S

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing in that article that hasn't been seen or read before here and elsewhere, don't get excited.
Four pages of teaser.

I don't recall seeing any renderings anywhere close to what is in the magazine. Yes, the article is a teaser but that is good. I wouldn't buy any of what I have seen but put me down for this ASAP.

Sorry, can't scan and post; not that I would:).

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got my mag today. It does not appear to be anything official, it's a photochop of the Volado Design concept viper. http://www.voladodesign.com/viper_srt10.htm

The artist changed the side sills and the rear window line to probably reflect what they saw at the previews. Even the artist's signature is still in the photo (maybe the VCA hired Volado to re-do the photo?).

From the article:
...if you have been reading this article to learn all of details of the new car, we are afraid you will leave empty-handed.
Is the Volado design the new Generation 5 Viper? Absolutely not. But if you have been lying awake late at night with visions of some of the other "cross breed" Vipers going through your head, this general direction should help you sleep a lot better.

Last edited:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and personally love that design....sigh.

Gonna go see how many coins are in my daughter's piggy bank now.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Artists renditions in the May/June magazine are what I remember seeing at VOI-11. Anybody agree?

Full side view in the table of contents. Love it, love it.

I do NOT Agree at all! NOT the Gen 5! Teaser, as is this thread!

What is in the mag are the same artists drawings that Mr Gilles shared with us at VOI-10 in Detroit, and some again at VOI-11. I also believe some were printed in a Viper Mag after that event. And I think Bob Pantaxx posted them here over a year ago!

Am I wrong? I dont think so....... "Old News"

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is in the mag are the same artists drawings that Mr Gilles shared with us at VOI-10 in Detroit, and some again at VOI-11. I also believe some were printed in a Viper Mag after that event. And I think Bob Pantaxx posted them here over a year ago!

Exactly. It does look like they are going back in the right direction.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep. Those drawings have been around for a while and posted on up here a few times. Unfortunately, I wasn't at VOI, so I have nothing to compare it to, but the people that saw the Gen V at VOI said that drawing was the closest they had seen, but still not much like the actual car.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good throw-back to the Diamondback viper raffle car article...for those post 06 members it was a "750 thousand dollar project by Viper,ASC and McLaren"..wonder if the orginal owner still has it....

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good throw-back to the Diamondback viper raffle car article...for those post 06 members it was a "750 thousand dollar project by Viper,ASC and McLaren"..wonder if the orginal owner still has it....

The Diamondback is currently for sale.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the artist's signature is still in the photo (maybe the VCA hired Volado to re-do the photo?).
We have been working with Volado for a while now and all illustrations with their logo are original to the designer (no "photochops"). Dodge/SRT was kind enough to provide the other design illustrations for that article - already one of the most popular the club has ever published.

ksipes1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday. Envelope torn and folded in half creased front to back. Need to find a better way to send these!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yes. A KC club officer I believe...Advertised extensively for sale and has its own website offering it for sale. Beautiful car in person.

Members get a free classified ad.... this one is a doozie!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine today. The first picture right under the GenV looks too ricey to me. If it ends up looking like that, I will never be in the market for one. Looks like a mutant Hyundai. I do, however, like the blue jean shorts on page 11. Nice picture... :D

Last edited:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday. Envelope torn and folded in half creased front to back. Need to find a better way to send these!

I've looked into this. It's not the mailman; they get it like that. It's some kind of USPS magazine processor. It'll flatten out eventually if you keep it stacked.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the person who posted the pic on Viper Alley. He said the car needs a wider more agressive stance espcially in the rear. I would say that the "Street Serpent" customization really demostrates that need on the Gen 3 & 4. My dream is to turn my car into a Street Serpent someday or find one to trade for.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least they rounded out the fender cove on the side to flow with the rest of the design... I'm curious to see how they modernize the tear drop headlights...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang