Gen V Viper

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious. I know the paint has not dried on our beloved Gen IV's yet, but I am curious, has anyone seen a credible concept of a possible Gen V Viper? Any info on power? I have heard 850 hp for a Chryslyer Firepower/Crossfire-looking Gen V Viper. I dont think anyone in here believes that. And the concept I saw was abhorent.

Does anyone have any credible info on a possible Gen V?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not sure there is any money for development unless it is part of Obamas' tax plan

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not sure there is any money for development unless it is part of Obamas' tax plan

Just couldnt help yourself I see.

Well, Dodge could use the money spent on one week for that ******** war and develop an 850 hp monster that will put an end to the Dodge Chevy rivalry for a decade.

Or better yet, we could use some of the money Bush/McCain gave back to the super rich and come up with the same.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just couldnt help yourself I see.

Well, Dodge could use the money spent on one week for that ******** war and develop an 850 hp monster that will put an end to the Dodge Chevy rivalry for a decade.

Or better yet, we could use some of the money Bush/McCain gave back to the super rich and come up with the same.

...or Obama can donate some of that money pile he's hiding behind to Dodge so that CAAP can churn out a 2010 monster Viper. But that's about as likely to happen as would a McCain/Obama town hall debate. :D

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...or Obama can donate some of that money pile he's hiding behind to Dodge so that CAAP can churn out a 2010 monster Viper. But that's about as likely to happen as would a McCain/Obama town hall debate. :D

The debates will happen, just not on McCains schedule and demands. Only on Obama's.:D

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change1.jpg

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb question: When does SRT typically start the "development" cycle for a new model? Is it 1, 2 years out from the planned model year? I know there's continuous development, engineering, etc... I have to imagine that Cerberus is looking at every penny and that the SRT engineers must've had presented a few Viper model year concepts to the brass by now...would love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or better yet, we could use some of the money Bush/McCain gave back to the super rich and come up with the same.[/quote]

Hmmmm NOT SO... I seem to recal a very unfriendly conversation I had with my tax lawyer that because I made to much money In 2007, I would not recieve a single penny in tax refunds (in the bush plan) nor would I get any tax credit for my children. I have 5 kids by the way and no Walmart doesn't charge me any less than the next guy. So NO the wealthy didn't get jack from bush and since the government took more than 40% of my income last year to pay for all the people that either didn't pay taxes or paid under 15%... I will never buy the argument that the rich get breaks. Sorry Ill stop ranting... Im just still peeved over not getting a tax credit for my 5 kids when the person next store gets the credit and recieves a fat check in the mail this year and I get $0.00... Ohh yea did I state that I employ 35 people too. The ones I provide jobs for that get checks back...Weeee. I could power my viper with the hatred I have towards our unfair tax system. BRING on the FLAT TAX for all SYSTEM!!!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmmm NOT SO... I seem to recal a very unfriendly conversation I had with my tax lawyer that because I made to much money In 2007, I would not recieve a single penny in tax refunds (in the bush plan) nor would I get any tax credit for my children. I have 5 kids by the way and no Walmart doesn't charge me any less than the next guy. So NO the wealthy didn't get jack from bush and since the government took more than 40% of my income last year to pay for all the people that either didn't pay taxes or paid under 15%... I will never buy the argument that the rich get breaks. Sorry Ill stop ranting... Im just still peeved over not getting a tax credit for my 5 kids when the person next store gets the credit and recieves a fat check in the mail this year and I get $0.00... Ohh yea did I state that I employ 35 people too. The ones I provide jobs for that get checks back...Weeee. I could power my viper with the hatred I have towards our unfair tax system. BRING on the FLAT TAX for all SYSTEM!!![/QUOTE]
:lmao::headbang: You need to bring some of that over to the Sneaky Pets forum.

You'll blend right in.:2tu::usa:

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who has experienced the joys of the AMT tax will know just how "fair" the current Bush tax system is to the high wage earner.

In regards to the Gen V...I think that development money is now working on how to deliver cars made in China to your local Dodge dealer in an efficient manner.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing the public puts forth as tax breaks to the rich under Bush have to do with captial gains tax, which is 15% (FED) + XX% (State) currently through to 2010, when the FED % comes up for review. Nobama will jack that up if he gets in. That is why so many companies are merging nowadays. They want the tax benefits while they are there.

As far as personal taxes for the rich, I too am not seeing it. Damn AMT every fricken' year, no matter what I do. Can't write off a damn thing. That needs to be removed and yes a FLAT tax for all. Never happen unfortunately because the current system employs too many people.

Sorry but the only economic stimulus package that works are to provide tax breaks for the middle class, upper class and ultra tich. Everything trickles down from there. Think about it, people with money spend it, people without money save. Mone saved isn't doing anything for the ecomony except earn interested for the individual saving it.

Okay putting the soap box away.

Oh yah! Can't see a Gen V Viper. Sorry! I am very happy it stuck around long enough for me to buy a brand new one in 06' I can't complain and no one can take anything away from the Viper team for giving us 20 (potential end date) great years. I am satisfied.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If THAT is the 2009 concept Viper...we're DEEE-lighted to have got a 2008~! Now just gotta DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~juli

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know where you guys have been but we will be lucky to see a 2010 model viper at all.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here it is, and it's already been made on the Viper platform.

4030DSC02880.JPG

Where have you guys been the last 3 years? That's the Firepower from Chrysler... it was orginally meant to be a luxury coupe competitor and an direct competitor to the vette. I've seen it in person and it's awesome.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad to say but in todays economy we will be lucky if Chrysler still exists in a few years let alone having a Gen V Viper.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is so amazingly wrong-headed. In case you forgot, when you earn money, it is yours. YOURS! Not the government's. Just because the government decided to TAKE LESS of some people's money does not mean the government gave it back - they just TOOK LESS! It is not the government's money, it is yours?!?!?!?!?! How long have you lived on government handouts to develop that sort of mentality?! :crazy2:

DR EVIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so amazingly wrong-headed. In case you forgot, when you earn money, it is yours. YOURS! Not the government's. Just because the government decided to TAKE LESS of some people's money does not mean the government gave it back - they just TOOK LESS! It is not the government's money, it is yours?!?!?!?!?! How long have you lived on government handouts to develop that sort of mentality?! :crazy2:

thank you for adding common sense to this thread. The government needs to concentrate on confiscating less personal property not more.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where have you guys been the last 3 years? That's the Firepower from Chrysler... it was orginally meant to be a luxury coupe competitor and an direct competitor to the vette. I've seen it in person and it's awesome.

Agreed, I saw at Indy and it's B@d@$$

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get this topic back on topic. The Gen 4 is old news, The Gen 5 turned into a political debate (what a shock...), so any news on the Gen 6? How much HP? Whats it gonna look like? Will it beat a Corvette? How much will taxes be on it if I win one in the 2015 VCA raffle? What colors will be offered? How much HP if I SC or TT mine can be expected?

:D

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get this topic back on topic. The Gen 4 is old news, The Gen 5 turned into a political debate (what a shock...), so any news on the Gen 6? How much HP? Whats it gonna look like? Will it beat a Corvette? How much will taxes be on it if I win one in the 2015 VCA raffle? What colors will be offered? How much HP if I SC or TT mine can be expected?

:D

A lot of that stuff depends on if Obama is elected. Next.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tax system, when compared to the prior systems, does favor the high income group. The reduction in the tax brackets rewards the high income group in thousands and the middle income group in hundreds.

AMT is a whole separate issue that used to affect the high incomre group only but now affects the middle income group too.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tax system, when compared to the prior systems, does favor the high income group. The reduction in the tax brackets rewards the high income group in thousands and the middle income group in hundreds.

AMT is a whole separate issue that used to affect the high incomre group only but now affects the middle income group too.

WRONG! You have to look at the percentages...not the dollar amounts. The AMT is a REAL TAX and will add to your effective tax rate. If you make over $145k as a couple, the AMT phase out will kick in, and by $200k you are screwed. That leads to an effective tax rate of 52%!!! Think about that!!!:omg::crazy2::(