Gen1 o-ring specs ps reservoir to ps pump?

Chuckster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1994 that is leaking ps fluid from bottom of reservoir. Cannot seem to find the specs on correct replacement o-ring and expect the one that in there to be deformed. Does anyone know what size o-ring this is? It’d be nice to have one on hand when I take the reservoir off. Thanks!!!!

OP
OP
Chuckster

Chuckster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I’m trying to search all over online. Maybe that will be easier bc it’s more common.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you MAY need a new P/S reservoir as it was not uncommon to cause a crack in it when removing the lines to service/flush. This problem led to the publicized "turkey baister" technique of sectioning our the reservoir
followed by fillings, cycling the P/S, refill (total of 3-4 times) to achieve a 95% clean fluid result.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently replaced my 26 year old reservoir. Despite a fresh pump inspection and reseal, it kept leaking. Turns out the reservoir was leaking from the plastic seam welds.

OP
OP
Chuckster

Chuckster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you MAY need a new P/S reservoir as it was not uncommon to cause a crack in it when removing the lines to service/flush. This problem led to the publicized "turkey baister" technique of sectioning our the reservoir
followed by fillings, cycling the P/S, refill (total of 3-4 times) to achieve a 95% clean fluid result.
Yeah…I realize that is a possibility and may do that as well. Thanks !

OP
OP
Chuckster

Chuckster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently replaced my 26 year old reservoir. Despite a fresh pump inspection and reseal, it kept leaking. Turns out the reservoir was leaking from the plastic seam welds.
I plan to take it off and inspect it closely for sure. It is an almost 30 year old car!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21