General Question about Mods

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Since I just bought a basically stock viper, I've been looking at possible mods. However, this soon became rather overwhelming! I've done searches and research etc, and I think I have a pretty good idea, but I want to make sure I know it all.

If anyone could either post a list of modifications (along with relative hp gains) or point me in the direction of a comprehensive list, that would be fantastic.

What would be nice is if we could have a database with Modifications (descriptions of what it does), Brands (description and comments), and then maybe allow vendors to post their prices.

Thanks!!

John

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have U done a search on the board?
Turners are not happy with posting parts and figures... search and learn there is tons of information on the board.
Tubes & Filters
Headers & Exhaust
Heads & Camshaft
Injectors & Fuel pumps
etc etc..
The Viper engine is based on technology that is more then 100 years old, so most engine shops with common sense and guts to ask around will be able to wake up the snake.

I've been asking a lot myself, I've received tons of great information from Viper Techs, Turners and DIY people on the board. Based on that am I now with my own hands, building Europes first 9 sec Viper. Have fun!

OP
OP
B

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike:

Thanks a ton! That does help a bit.

I do have a question. How come all the horsepower numbers always seem lower than what the specs are on vipers? Is this normal or does it have something to do with a dyno? Sorry I'm asking so many newbie questions, but have to start somewhere :)

John

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most numbers you read on the board in based on a chassie dyno = Rear Wheel HP. The figures from Mopar are Crank HP.
The difference is 10-15%