George & Carol’s Garages & Car Collection

Hotel: Just opened Oct. of 09
Town Place Suites - Marriott
26 Radcliffe Dr.
Moosic, Pa. 18507
570-207-8500 Cut off date: July 9, 2010
Rate: $109.00
Suite - King bed - Refrigerator - Microwave - sink - dishes - Wi-Fi
Parking: We can park in back of hotel away from high visibility area, rooms will over look parking area. View overlooks the interstate and mountains.
Friday: For those who can arrive on Friday evening. Leave hotel 6:30 pm and head to View Mount Mall for Pocono Mt. Street Rod Cruise. :drive:Ladies can shop. Cruise ends at 9:00 pm, we can leave at any time and head for a bite to eat. There are a ton of places to eat right near the mall. If it is a nice summer evening the cruise will draw 200 cars.
Saturday:
10:00 am
leave hotel for Electric City Trolley Museum & ride.
10:30 am 1hr. Trolley ride - guide gives history during ride - ride goes out to Baseball Stadium and back. Trolley ride and Museum is $8.00 per person.
11:45 am to 12:30 pm Lunch will be a box lunch eaten at the Trolley Museum.
Box Lunch: $10.00 plus tax and gratuity. Please order by July 9th.
Please choose from the following: Turkey, Ham or Vegetarian wraps, comes with a bag of chips, apple, and drink. Choose water, coke, sprite, 7 up, root beer.
12:30 pm to 1:30pm Tour the Trolley Museum.
1:45 pm to 3:15 pm Tour Steamtown Museum. Admission to the Museum is $6.oo. We will be met by a Park Ranger who will give us the history of Steamtown. We will then tour the museum on our own.

3:30 pm head out for George & Carol’s home. We will take a back windy road for part of the ride (Elmhurst Blvd).
4:30 pm arrive & tour George’s garages & cars.
6:00 pm Dinner @ George & Carol’s. If the weather cooperates, bring your bathing suite, take a dip or relax in the Jacuzzi.
Head back to the Hotel when ever.
The ride back to the hotel is main roads and interstate, about 20 min. or less depending on how you drive.
Dinner Menu:
Balsamic Italian Chicken
Potato bake
Grilled Vegetables
Salad
Two dressing: honey mustard and balsamic vinaigrette
Hot dogs
Hamburgers
Rolls & butter
Ice cream Sundaes
Coffee tea soda wine beer

PLEASE RSVP to CARMEN or VANESSA at [email protected]
or call 717-213-0399

Don't miss out, this is going to be a great weekend:2tu:

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks if you are planning on attending, please RSVP ASAP, the hotel rates change and the room block drops as of July 9th, don't miss out, this is going to be a great weekend.
I will post a list of who is coming so far on Monday

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard from a few folks, I know there are a lot more that told me before they were coming.

So far the for sures are:

Dave and Betty
Bob and Cathy
Carmen and Vanessa
Lyn and ?
Larry and Sharon

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard from a few folks, I know there are a lot more that told me before they were coming.

So far the for sures are:

Dave and Betty
Bob and Cathy
Carmen and Vanessa
Lyn and ?
Larry and Sharon
Al and Betty
Mike and Suzanne +2
Charlie T
Denny and Ginger

This appears to be the final total, if anybody else is interested, we need to know ASAP.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you folks enjoy Steamtown. I think they have a Big-Boy loco there on display...(some serious steam powered muscle...) I recommend the museum train ride if for no other reason than a bit of nostalgia...

The Big Boy is the biggest and maybe the most powerful loco ever made... At 1.2 million pounds, 6,200 horsepower.... The thing is huge and displays the American imagination of the 40s.... (Gone now...)

Have fun, Wish I could come up.

mkviper96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone had a great time on the Steamtown Cruise Event. George & Carol put on a great event. The club was thankful for all the work they put into the event. Attached are some photos from the event.

Attachments

• Viper Line-up & Members.jpg
    Viper Line-up & Members.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Viper Line-up.jpg
    Viper Line-up.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Dinner at Edwards'.jpg
    Dinner at Edwards'.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 30

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone had a great time on the Steamtown Cruise Event. George & Carol put on a great event. The club was thankful for all the work they put into the event.

Ditto to all of that Mike! Thanks for posting the photos. What a great event...from the Friday night car show at the Fiewmont Mall, to the Saturday evening dinner @ George & Carol's beautiful home. Carol's meal was great and George's mud slides :smirk: were top notch too. Heck, he even let us drive his Viper! (BMS - before the mud slides of course!)

New to the mix were Lynn & Bev. Great Viper people as well...I'm sure we will see them out to an event again.

And of course Larry was telling his normal stories which kept us all laughing. :lmao:
If you missed this event, you missed a good one!:2tu:

Ginger

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone had a great time on the Steamtown Cruise Event. George & Carol put on a great event. The club was thankful for all the work they put into the event. Attached are some photos from the event.

Thanks Mike, if anybody has any high res pics to send me, I would like to put them in the newsletter...Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper