Get more boost from your Roe Blower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM's? What would we have to do on a Sunday afternoon if we didn't have pages of this crap to read. Seriously, doesn't everybody think this kind of stuff is good to see here? Kenny has not been trying to discredit Larry, only trying to get his car running right. You don't think this post will help him get a little bigger push to have this car running correctly? Also, the more informed everyone is will only help them in future dealings with any tuner. I'm sure there's more than one person out there right now that will ask some questions to their prospective tuner that pertain to this thread, so he or she doesn't end up in this situation. Simms, I don't necessarily agree about the original tuner thing, if the tuner is asking Kenny to spend another dime to make it right. As I said before, the car should go back to Larry, or Larry should go to Kenny at no expense to Kenny and the car should be made to run correctly.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
PM's? What would we have to do on a Sunday afternoon if we didn't have pages of this crap to read. Seriously, doesn't everybody think this kind of stuff is good to see here? Kenny has not been trying to discredit Larry, only trying to get his car running right. You don't think this post will help him get a little bigger push to have this car running correctly? Also, the more informed everyone is will only help them in future dealings with any tuner. I'm sure there's more than one person out there right now that will ask some questions to their prospective tuner that pertain to this thread, so he or she doesn't end up in this situation. Simms, I don't necessarily agree about the original tuner thing, if the tuner is asking Kenny to spend another dime to make it right. As I said before, the car should go back to Larry, or Larry should go to Kenny at no expense to Kenny and the car should be made to run correctly.
your right the option was available but was never discussed. Kenny needs to give all the facts as to why the car was delivered the way it was and why he has not took the free option to get the car to Larry to see what is going on with the car. The reason I am saying this is because the information I have came directly from what Kenny told me on the 5th of Aug.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only after I picked it up did I find out that it had not been given the 500 mile break in that I had already paid for in Larry's Invoice.

Among the other issues, how and why did that happen? What's that..like 8hrs labor at shop rates?

S

SUN RA KAT

your right the option was available but was never discussed. Kenny needs to give all the facts as to why the car was delivered the way it was and why he has not took the free option to get the car to Larry to see what is going on with the car. The reason I am saying this is because the information I have came directly from what Kenny told me on the 5th of Aug.

The tuner IS asking Kenny to spend a whole lot more dimes to make it right. However, that is something between the tuner and Kenny. To have Kenny's car go back to Florida would have Kenny incur quite a bit more expense - airplane ticket, time off of work, no guarantee that more time would have to be spent retuning the car in Florida or that it would run OK enough make it through the Smoky Mountains on its way back to Ohio, plus gasoline expenses. Sir Larry told me he would not release the car to me until everything was right with it on quite a few times before he delivered it to me on July 1st - the rebuilt engine was first started around April 6th, which should have been enough time to get it tuned. I was surprised when Sir Larry told me I needed to perform the 500 mile break in for him just before he backed it down the trailer to the parking lot. Sir Larry was surprised when I notified him later on July 1st that it was totally undriveable. Within a few days later he found the problem to be the change in altitude from Orlando, Florida to Dayton, Ohio since it had run perfect in Orlando, Florida. This is another reason why I am so reluctent to have my car be tuned where it runs perfect, but runs totally horrible where I live. I had been told and reassured by Sir Larry many times that he would not release the car back to me unless it was completed and running right.

I think I have given all the facts why it was delivered to me the way it was on July 1st. Any information from me on the 5th of Aug, especially after the very first run of the year down the dragstrip where I heard a loud "Boom!" under the hood and my car's engine died were coming from someone who was deeply depressed and in a state of shock that I couldn't even trust anymore that the engine had been built correctly. Before that first run on the 5th of Aug. I was fighting depression over the lack of customer support in getting my car tuned to run as good as it did in Florida even though over a month had passed since the problem of driveability had been reported to Sir Larry the same day it was delivered. Should have Sir Larry immediately stopped what he was doing to see for himself how horrible the car he tuned to run perfect in Florida was? Probably. I have not slept well a single night since July 1st worrying about my car. I did not pay Sir Larry almost $28,000 to be treated like this where my car is not high priority to get fixed.

Superdavz and I tried out the new VEC2 programs Larry had emailed to Dave on the 18th of Aug.(Friday) today around noon. All the new programs made my Viper run much, much worse than before. But at least now Sir Larry knows to reprogram the cards going the other way and we hope to have new programs on them to try Monday evening. Meanwhile, my Viper runs so bad with extreme surging and so little power that it could beat my girlfriend's Honda Element and that's about all.

I would apreciate that Sir Larry do the tunings at this point without anymore accusations of who did what in the past. He is trying to get it right and any more questions on this will be ignored by me. Thank you.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
First off Kenny no one has asked you for money to get your car to Larry or return it. Second you have not been asked to spend the time other than to load the car on the trailer. As for spending more money on the car you yourself told me that Larry would like to see the AEM system installed not required it to be installed . As for the 500 mile break in you yourself told me that Larry did not have a valid plate on the car and you did not want to get one until you knew what HP to put on it. So how could he drive the car without a plate. So take two steps back and take look at what you have done and deal with it. There was no reason for you to do this when people were tring to help you. I'm done you'll hear no more from me.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny. Firstly, freaking please stop referring to Larry Macedo as "Sir Larry". It's ridiculously irritating and you do not get style points for knighting a Florida tuner.

Secondly, you may have received poor feedback from past customers re: M2's work. As far as you're concerned, that should be totally irrelevant. As long as YOU end up with what YOU pay for (and are happy with), you should be satisfied. But, keep in mind that Larry was prepared to undertake a Viper Limo project. Uh, that doesn’t exactly scream ‘My focus is performance cars!’

Thirdly, you seem to have jumped into this project with a myopic focus and a limited budget. You should have gone with turbos like many recommended when you started this build. You would have MORE power, PERFECT drivability, and probably spent a little less cash. I don't want to go Monday Morning Quarterback, but you screwed up. You insisted on pushing the limits of a basic supercharger package instead of stepping up to more advanced technology. Half of the reason your car doesn't work is YOU! Doing R&D on an untested combo of parts is an expensive prospect, and one you chose to undertake. And ALWAYS over-budget. So if you planned on spending 20M, you should have budgeted for 25M. If you planned on 27, you should have planned on 35. And gone to Heffner for turbos.

Fourthly, send the freaking car back to Macedo. Period. The end of it. Discuss with him who absorbs the shipping cost. The car does not return to you until it runs perfectly. Get a temp plate in the meantime if you have to so HE can drive the car and do with it what he needs. YOU should pay NO MORE money out of pocket until the car is right. If you signed anything that removes M2's culpability when you took delivery, then you screwed up. If you didn't, send the car back and insist it is made right. M2 was your partner in this project – you wrote the checks and you have not received the services that you have paid for. You’ve also given M2 a lot of chances and leeway to get this project finished. Sack up and tell them that enough is enough. Refocus yourself and get the car sent back to Florida. If they promised it would run right, it should run right.

Note to self: write a prenup BEFORE you and your tuner get married! That way, both parties are sure to be satisfied at the end of the relationship.

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't read this whole thread, but I think I get the jist of it. I know a lot of friends that have given their opinions in here, and I don't want to step on any toes, but here is the way I see it. Larry is not some small shop up the road that was just going to take a crack at building a viper. He is an established viper tuner that works on these cars for a living. Kenny paid $28k for this build. He already had the Roe blower. To me, it looks like Larry charged $28k for a built motor, some heads and a tune. That's a premium price in my book.

Just to put it into perspective, I paid just a little more than that to build my blue car, including twin turbos, AEM, and a few other goodies. I can tell you right now, if my blue car would have showed up running like Kenny's car, Gary Almond would have taken it right back to Heffner's shop on their dime and I wouldn't have wanted it back until it ran as promised.

I hope everything works out well because I like all of you guys (Larry, Kenny Ian, Etc.), but I don't think Kenny should have to spend another dime. He already paid for a car that runs well, and that's that. Good luck guys.

I PERSONALLY AM SO GLAD SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS THE OBVIOUS :2tu: VERY WELL PUT GARY!

S

SUN RA KAT

First off Kenny no one has asked you for money to get your car to Larry or return it. Second you have not been asked to spend the time other than to load the car on the trailer. As for spending more money on the car you yourself told me that Larry would like to see the AEM system installed not required it to be installed . As for the 500 mile break in you yourself told me that Larry did not have a valid plate on the car and you did not want to get one until you knew what HP to put on it. So how could he drive the car without a plate. So take two steps back and take look at what you have done and deal with it. There was no reason for you to do this when people were tring to help you. I'm done you'll hear no more from me.

I would apreciate that Larry do the tunings at this point without anymore accusations of who did what in the past. He is trying to get it right and any more questions on this will be ignored by me. Thank you.

What part of that do you not understand? Larry is working on trying to get my car fixed and continuing to flame this thread will serve no pupose other than to get people upset, especially when you don't have a very good understanding of what's going on. Please go back to my first post near the middle of page 2 and read and comprehend and you'll get a much better understanding of the situation from the beginning and not seem like you came in most of the way through and bring up things discussed earlier. Thank you.

S

SUN RA KAT

Everyone -

I would apreciate that Larry do the tunings at this point without anymore accusations of who did what in the past. He is trying to get it right and any more questions on this will be ignored by me. Thank you.

If anything pertinent comes up I will let everyone know.

PM me if you have something constructive to say.

Thanks.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone, MacedoMS would like to post in this thread but can not log in for some reason.

He has told Kenny he will pay for all labor and tuning to fix the car (which goes without saying). And another customer has volunteered to bring the car down to Larry.

This really seems to be the way to get this problem solved.

If the board would let him post, maybe some of this would make more sense.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms, I don't necessarily agree about the original tuner thing, if the tuner is asking Kenny to spend another dime to make it right. As I said before, the car should go back to Larry, or Larry should go to Kenny at no expense to Kenny and the car should be made to run correctly.

I agree. Larry has offered to resolve the situation with him paying for all labor and tuning costs. He is only asking Kenny to pay for the AEM, which he is recommending to make the low speed drivablility the best it can be. He is trying to fix the situation by mailing cards back and forth for the VEC2 without even going to the AEM. But as stated before, it took an AEM from another tuner to get a car with a very similar build to work.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms, I don't necessarily agree about the original tuner thing, if the tuner is asking Kenny to spend another dime to make it right. As I said before, the car should go back to Larry, or Larry should go to Kenny at no expense to Kenny and the car should be made to run correctly.

I agree. Larry has offered to resolve the situation with him paying for all labor and tuning costs. He is only asking Kenny to pay for the AEM, which he is recommending to make the low speed drivablility the best it can be. He is trying to fix the situation by mailing cards back and forth for the VEC2 without even going to the AEM. But as stated before, it took an AEM from another tuner to get a car with a very similar build to work.

Is he willing to pay to ship the car there and back? Is he still wanting 4500 for the AEM???? Or is he gonna try to tune the VecII?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone, MacedoMS would like to post in this thread but can not log in for some reason.

He has told Kenny he will pay for all labor and tuning to fix the car (which goes without saying). And another customer has volunteered to bring the car down to Larry.

I just checked the account for MacedoMS and it is fine. Have him pm me if he needs help. There is no reason he cannot post.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just checked the account for MacedoMS and it is fine. Have him pm me if he needs help. There is no reason he cannot post.

Most recently it takes two attempts to log in.

S

SUN RA KAT

Re: Get more boost from your Roe Blower!
#718384 - 08/10/06 12:48 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Kenny,

I agree, Joe should fix your problem using the VEC2.

--------------------

Larry Macedo
Macedo Motorsports
407.246.6511 Office
407.970.3463 Cell
www.macedomotorsports.com

=====================================================================

In a message dated 8/23/2006 10:52:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, SUN RA KAT writes:

Larry,

It's very important that you overnight the Roe VEC2 cards to me so I have a car capable of driving to Youngstown this Friday to have Joe Donovan see what may be wrong with my car.

I've tried to stop the postings on that thread now that you are actively trying to get my car fixed. I was never exaggerating about the dangerous undrivability it had with violent surging and did not feel you were giving it the attention that it needed.

When you posted "take it to Joe" I thought you had given up trying to get my car right. He thinks that unless the cam is too aggressive that the VEC2 can be used but the AEM would be better. The AEM was never mentioned in your estimates and I never borrowed money to include it.

You had previously told me my bad tune was the result of the altitude difference between Florida and Ohio, which was why it made no sense to take my car back down to Florida, so I didn't send it with Bill White.

I thought when I had sent you the copy of my license plate, registration, insurance papers, and letter giving you permission to drive my car that you would have driven it the 500 mile break in. I had heard nothing back from you on that subject to indicate otherwise.

Let's try and work together and get this straightened out.

- Kenny

===========================================================================

August 23, 2006

Mr. Ken Katowik

193 Monarch Road

Centerville, OH 45458

Dear Kenny,

We will not be sending you new VEC2 cards as you have requested because your choice to work with another tuner under the current circumstances will negate any and all obligations, legal, or otherwise to your car that M2 Macedo Motorsports, LLC has.

The only way for us to rectify the issues with your vehicle is for your car to come back to us with a valid license plate. Bottom line. We are open to any solutions to get your car here that you may have, as you chose not to send your car via the (no cost to you) enclosed carrier we provided.

Thank you in advance,

Wendy Macedo

S

SUN RA KAT

Viper Issues, Concerns, & Questions

Gasoline smell has returned to the Viper after driving it – loose gas filler tube or not fully sealing fuel injector?.

Interior rattle from passenger side is getting louder – sounds like it’s coming from near the roll bar.

No safety lockout of reverse gear while moving forward (did have lockout before with the skip shift kit).

Am I correct that the AEM eliminates the skip shift automatically? (I have a skip shift eliminator kit on it now.)

Often won’t stay running upon initial startup when cold & has to be restarted.

Often goes into loop when cold that requires shutting off engine and restarting it to run on street.

Surging of the RPM, usually peaking in intensity around 1750-2000 RPM, makes car unsafe to be driven on street.

High idle hang up often occurs and lasts 30-45 seconds before normal idle returns. This acts like a cruise control if car is in gear and is dangerous in street driving.

Idle of 750 RPM seems too low for the cam (feels like it’s going to die, especially in hot weather) and closer to 900 RPM seems to closer to ideal.

Can a leaner tune for gas mileage be achieved at lower RPM with normal tune for power at higher RPM? Thinking to have full economy tune start at idle to 2,000 RPM and gently change over to normal tune around 2,500 RPM. Normal tune would be from 2,500 RPM to 6,000 RPM redline.

Have RPM limiter set for anything above 6,000 RPM – (full shutdown by 6,200 RPM?).

Fuse #15 to Automatic Shut Down Relay (In PDC) has blown twice at full throttle in 4th gear.

Code P0171 has been thrown over half a dozen times.

Would the traction control feature of the AEM be beneficial? Can it be switched on and off?

Mufflers should be installed when header work is being done. Sounds great now, but I’ve had several police escorts to the city limits due to the noise it has now.

I will add more to this list as I think of things – I just want to make sure my car will be daily driver reliable and safe – I know it already is track ready (as soon as the fuse problem is absolutely gone.)

S

SUN RA KAT

On August 20th, a month and 3 weeks after my car was delivered as pretty much tuned a friend rode with me for his first Viper ride and he posted this at another site:

08-20-2006, 09:31 PM

Official qwerty thief

City: wuss-tah
State: MA
Post #837

Hey hey ive stolen the official posting chair of our very own Kenny Kat and have come on for a min to give a report on the viper. The car is absolutely beautiful and i was almost drooling at the nice exahust sound (damn i love straight pipes) but as for running larry really screwed this thing up beyond beleif the timing is prob more than 5 degrees off the fuel mixture is nowehre near right you can even smell how bad it is. the cam is totally overly agressive, this tune job has to be the worst i have ever seen in any car custom or not, heck i was in a car with a bad crank that ran smoother.

Well thats my rant on the viper i cant wait to hear that it is running p[oroperly again and hope to get back out here to see it at the time or maybee carlisle.

S

SUN RA KAT

Larry -

You told me it was the altitude problem going from Florida to Ohio is what made the car not have a right tune when you delivered it on July 1st. You told me you would be back to tune it in Ohio so the tune could be right within a few weeks.

I have paid you $27,895.91 already for my car to be completed and you have marked my bill "Paid". I have never delayed in paying you.

After I said that I couldn't afford the $4,500 AEM system that was not in my original estimate for $20,814.16, nor even in my later estimates, you had a family problem and couldn't come up to tune my car.

I'm asking you to come to Ohio and finish your job.

- Kenny

S

SUN RA KAT

Dear Kenny,

We will not be sending you new VEC2 cards as you have requested because your choice to work with another tuner under the current circumstances will negate any and all obligations, legal, or otherwise to your car that M2 Macedo Motorsports, LLC has.

Wendy Macedo

I paid $27,895.91 to Macedo Motorsports and your Macedo tune I have right now is so bad my Viper will barely go 40 MPH and it surges and bucks violently and you won't send back the cards I already paid for?

I really don't think this is right.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Get more boost from your Roe Blower!

The only way for us to rectify the issues with your vehicle is for your car to come back to us with a valid license plate. Bottom line. We are open to any solutions to get your car here that you may have, as you chose not to send your car via the (no cost to you) enclosed carrier we provided.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kenny
This reads like Larry is agreeing to fix your Viper with no charge to you. :2tu: I doubt that all your engine issues are related to altitude. Remote tuning is a guessing game because you cannot provide the logging data with A/F that is required to tune properly.
I would send it back with the understanding that there will be no additional charges.

BUT :eek: if you are the hands off type and don't want to mess with cards or tuning find the $ to have Larry install the AEM. The installed cost of the AEM is 2-3 times more than the VEC2, but it has features that make it ideal for the owner who just wants to drive. Rick

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is getting painful to read. I hope that Wendy Macedo does not know the whole story and simply sent that email to you as a standard response. Either way, it looks like you should send your car to FL on Larry's dime as he is willing to pay the shipping. I think you might have to write off this summer for driving the car. It is looking more like fall.

S

SUN RA KAT

Kenny
This reads like Larry is agreeing to fix your Viper with no charge to you. :2tu: I doubt that all your engine issues are related to altitude. I would send it back with the understanding that there will be no additional charges.

Rick

The last estimate Larry sent me was for slightly over $3,000 - that would be a charge to me.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny
This reads like Larry is agreeing to fix your Viper with no charge to you. :2tu: I doubt that all your engine issues are related to altitude. I would send it back with the understanding that there will be no additional charges.

Rick

The last estimate Larry sent me was for slightly over $3,000 - that would be a charge to me.
Kenny if that includes the AEM it's a bargin.

S

SUN RA KAT

Only after I picked it up did I find out that it had not been given the 500 mile break in that I had already paid for in Larry's Invoice.

Among the other issues, how and why did that happen? What's that..like 8hrs labor at shop rates?

I'm not sure why it had been not been done. I had sent Larry a copy of my new license plate, registration, proof of insurance, and a letter giving him permission to drive my car. He never contacted me to say he needed anything more.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bite the bullet, get the $3k AEM, let larry install it and tune it. be happy with the numbers he gets if the car is more streetable and be done with it.

**** it up, this is a bad deal. just dont make it worse.

i hope it works out

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send it to Larry. Let him try the vec2 tunning again.
If not, get the fuel upgrade.

Maybe he will agree to do it for cost considering the situation.

This is not the normal for Larry. My car was screwed up from another tuner and he fixed everything.

Sometimes, (almost always) things cost a little more then you expect.

I know how frustrating it can be...

S

SUN RA KAT

Wendy Macedo,

The cards that you refuse to return to me are not yours - they came with the Roe Supercharger.

How do you expect me to get my car to you if I can't even drive it?

- Kenny Katowik

BAD68GTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wendy Macedo,

The cards that you refuse to return to me are not yours - they came with the Roe Supercharger.

How do you expect me to get my car to you if I can't even drive it?

- Kenny Katowik
Well, this is pretty simple to me here. Kenny paid an EXPERT to BUILD his car to make at least the high 700’s RWHP using the Roe and VEC II. The EXPERT supplied the heads that Kenny paid the EXPERT for, and that Kenny paid the EXPERT to install and subsequently tune. The combination was supposed to be drivable and throw no codes.

Statement of facts as I know:

I) Car was turned over and approximately $20,814 (estimate #200) was paid to have a Viper that was at least high 700 RWHP and drivable as a daily driver utilizing ROE blower, Striker Heads and VEC2. Striker Heads were paid for by Kenny in the amount of $6,500 to EXPERT.

Ia) Car made max 721 RWHP to date.

Ib) Kenny has to be real careful of high idle hang up at 2,000 RPM even in gear (like cruise control) and violent surging and bucking at low RPM, i.e. not drivable as a daily driver and even now car has less than 1,000 miles on this after the rebuild and 500 mile break in done for the EXPERT!

Ic) Total bill was for $27,895.91 invoice #607

II) Car was promised to be completed on or about early April 2005

IIa) Delayed due to heads not being shipped because rocker arms were not installed and promised the car would be done by May 2005 because engine would be delayed installing because of the missing rockers.

IIb) Delayed due to and promised by June 2005, but Kenny asked EXPERT about safety concerns and Kenny purchased roll bar.

IIc) Delayed due to tuning problems and promised not to release until the car was "right"

IId) Delayed due to tow to Ohio and promised before July 4th as the EXPERT was going to Ohio to drop off parts.

IIe) July 1, 2006 car arrives with EXPERT driving car of off towing trailer and meeting Kenny at local Dodge dealership and turning car back over to Kenny.

III) The EXPERT said to Kenny he had car tuned and running with no problems other than an intermittent loop problem when starting engine cold that causes the engine to need to be turned off and restarted when Kenny received the car back.

IIIa) Engine was not broke in at all, having approximately 50 miles on the car when delivered back to Kenny.

IIIb) The EXPERT said the car must be driven 500 miles to break the engine in and then get tuned again by him (the EXPERT), and that the EXPERT was coming back to Ohio in 2-3 weeks. The EXPERT was tuning another guys car in Ohio and was going to tune both cars at the same time.

IIIc) Expert did not do break engine in, Kenny did.

IIId) EXPERT did not adequately tune car per promises by EXPERT

IV) The EXPERT said, he would not give the car back many times over the phone and in emails until it was "right"

IVa) The EXPERT said there might be a problem as he gives the car back to Kenny, that there might be a problem with the car getting stuck in a loop cycle and the car might have to be occasionally restarted.

IVb) Kenny's Viper did not make enough boost when started around April 6, 2006, and the EXPERT says it was because of the "heads flowing too much" and was flowing 7 lbs. with a 10 lb. pulley. EXPERT charged for and installed a DW pulley and some other small items again not included in original estimate to compensate for head flow. Then after DW pulley installation, the EXPERT told Kenny he could get engine to 12 lbs of boost, but then engine boost would drop off to only 8-10 lbs of boost.

IVc) Car has to be restarted 99% of the time to get car out of loop.

IVd) When Kenny drove home with his newly tuned Viper that he paid $27,895.91 thinking he received what had been promised minus some horsepower, he quickly realized something was wrong. Kenny experienced violent surging and bucking and immediately contacted the EXPERT the SAME DAY via messages. As the day's temperature increased to approximately 95 degrees Fahrenheit, the car became totally undrivable. More messages were left and the EXPERT called back the next day.

IVe) The EXPERT could not understand how the car would run the way Kenny described as the EXPERT said the car ran "perfect in Florida." EXPERT said the difference in altitude was the problem for Kenny's Viper running the way it was.

IVf) The EXPERT said he was coming back in a few weeks and car would be adjusted. The EXPERT asked Kenny to try and break it in and see how it runs under different weather conditions so at least engine is broke in for tune.

IVg) Kenny saw a post in the VCA site about PCM and TPS ground reducing surging problems and brought it to the EXPERT's attention. The EXPERT acted like he never heard of this according to Kenny, the work had not been done on Kenny's Viper and Kenny’s Viper Tech did ground work and it helped the surging problem quite a bit. Still, car was not safe to even drive despite problem being "better", the tune was still way out to be drivable on the street safely.

IVh) In August 2006 EXPERT told Kenny that Kenny could run car at Viper Nationals via email, despite all these documented problems. Reluctantly, Kenny trusting the EXPERT ran car the Viper Nationals. The first run down the track, there was a loud muffled boom under the hood and Viper stopped running! Oil pressure went to zero, and Viper was unable to restart. The PCM fuse blew with a large hole in the fuse like the fuse exploded-nearly dime size. Kenny left a phone message for the EXPERT for resolution to the problem. Installed new fuse, and same fuse blew again on second run. Kenny left amore phone messages for the EXPERT for resolution to the problem. Kenny's water/**** line that was reinstalled for engine R&R was leaking on an electric motor that the EXPERT installed for crankcase ventilation system. Kenny's confidence was broken to know that the car has track problems now too let alone street problems.

IVi) Kenny has made numerous attempts to resolve this issue via phone and email with the EXPERT, including mailing VEC II cards. Current VEC II cards still make car unusable due to surging, bucking, high idle hang up, hard to start, dies in traffic and Kenny found out cam should find out at 1000 RPM yet car idles at the around 700 RPM.

V) The EXPERT then said he was having trouble tuning with VEC II before the EXPERT brought the Viper back to Kenny.

Va) Kenny was offered a AEM computer for a whopping $4,500 saying it was a discount!

Vb) Kenny is dissatisfied as that should have been part of the original estimate if in fact he was dealing an EXPERT, and did not anticipate that substantial increase in the price.

Vc) The EXPERT reiterated that it would be so much harder to tune the VEC II over the AEM, yet the EXPERT never said the he could not tune with the VEC II.

Vd) The EXPERT received Kenny's VEC II cards, and lost them and then found them delaying at least 2 weeks according to Kenny. Kenny was unable to drive car in the interim. Again, the EXPERT said that Kenny would be much better off with the AEM.

Ve) Kenny found out cam should find out at 1000 RPM yet car idles at approximately 700 RPM, When Kenny asked the EXPERT about 2 weeks later why wasn’t the idle set at the correct RPM before it was delivered, the EXPERT said "I thought you were going to buy the AEM."

Vf) The EXPERT has had two revisions from the original programs so this is the third set of programs currently. The third set of programs have literally totally crippled the car to the point where the surging and bucking makes the car extremely dangerous to drive and the car can barely go 40 MPH now.

Vg.) The EXPERT now refuses to return the VEC2 cards that Kenny had paid for.

RESOLUTION Suggestion: The contract as I see it was not met in terms of money, horsepower, drivability AND reliability. The EXPERT should buy an AEM for Kenny IF needed and pay a tuner to fix all problems in my opinion and issue a SINCERE apology to Kenny. Kenny should choose tuner and the EXPERT should foot the bill to do the job to tune this right. This is very sad to see this happen in the Viper community, let alone from any human decency perspective. The forgoing is just my opinion based on what I have seen posted and other sources, however suffice to say this should never ever have reached this level if it was handled differently.

Gary, 2000 GTS Roe S/C Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte