Get your Vipers while you can...

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Chrysler said Wednesday that it will idle all of its manufacturing operations starting this Friday through at least January 19 in an effort to keep inventories more aligned with plunging U.S. demand for new cars and trucks. Due to customers' inability to obtain financing, Chrysler dealers said that their sales volumes have fallen as much as 25% from a year ago. :crazy2:

Reaction score
Viper production was already shut down early on.

To think if no one shows up and buys Viper, this might be the last year of production.

News flash: VCA buys Viper from Chrysler, details at 6:00 PM and 11:00 PM.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I read it too. CAAP , the Viper factory, closed until at least February. Ugh!

Grant

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Consumer credit is, in aggregate (I don't have any statistics for the automotive sector specifically) up from last year. I would be hesitant to believe that Chrysler's woes are primarily due to a lack of financing options.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add to this the report that Chrysler is now Cash On Delivery with it's supplier's, it all comes down to they have NO MONEY to opperate.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a question. I like I'm sure quite a few others are in D-1 status on my ACR. Is it possible they will shut down Viper production all together even though it's one of the few places the company is making money? All responses welcome! Thanks, Dan

Hey Scott from IL, are you feeling nervous like me?:dunno:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of consumer credit, with the exception though of maybe major purchases like houses and cars. So in this society that is riddled beyond comprehension with consumer dept, it is interesting to see them directly state that the cause of their woes is no consumer credit is available. Because yes, even credit for big ticket necessities is out of hand.

Just another segment in Americas wake up call.

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a question. I like I'm sure quite a few others are in D-1 status on my ACR. Is it possible they will shut down Viper production all together even though it's one of the few places the company is making money? All responses welcome! Thanks, Dan

Hey Scott from IL, are you feeling nervous like me?:dunno:

I'm getting nervous. I've finally reached a point in my life when I can get the car that I've been after since it came out in '92, and things are not looking good for that to happen. I'm in D1 status as well. I've been watching the '09 cars that have been delivered to dealers and such to see how close to my VIN# they are getting. So far I've seen some VIN's in the 300's (last 3 #'s) and mine is in the 400's. I feel that if I see VIN #'s higher than mine, that at least the chassis is built and waiting on the color run ( April according to Dealer Connect ):dunno:

Later,

Joe B
:fingersx::fingersx::fingersx:

DWR46

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i was told by a dealer that the Viper Plant had closed due to inability to get body parts from Saleen. Since Saleen is for sale and may be on its last legs, what happens to Viper if they can no longer get the parts to finish the cars.