Go Ohio! Pix of Club @ Plant Tour...

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm glad to see that at least one of the photos that I took turned out ok. It was a lot of fun for me as well. But I've got some bad news.

Do you see the piece of wood on the wall over the red hood? There use to be a signed GT-2 wing there. Someone STOLE it!!! I found out about this only a month ago. Although it has been missing for over a year. This can not be replaced as some of the craftspeople that signed it not longer work here. We(CAAP employees) only wish to have it returned to us. No questions asked. E-mail me if you've seen or heard anything, please.
You must be registered for see images

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so lame, people have to resort to stealing from their own jealousy. How can a wing be lifted without anyone noticing it? Must be someone from there (my guess). Someone that has access when no one is there. I'd look in E-bay to see if it may be for sale. God will be the judge of what will become of that person. Hope you get the wing back, can't trust many people these days.....

Jim Peffers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This was my first tour of the Mound Road Engine Assembly Plant and the Conner Avenue Viper/Prowler assembly Plant. Was very impressed with the Administration, the Craftspeople, and the Facilities. The tours were very informative and added greatly to the ownership experience. I want to send a BIG Thank You to everyone involved and especially to Thomas. Looking forward to the next time...

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woops, sorry I misunderstood you Thomas, the wing is missing! How in the world could someone walk out with that and not be noticed? Geez, can you purchase one there in the gift shop? There might have been a very busy time and somebody wrapped it in a bag, and walked out with it. Hey, some of the VOI-6 banners were stolen along with signs and other things, so it is a sorry state of affairs, but there is always someone who wants something to add to their personal collection, and stealing it is justifiable to them. What a shame, now it's not there for all of us who visit CAAP to see. Hope it shows up Thomas, let's have a little more faith.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thomas or Laurie,
When was that picture taken? Isn't it a very recent picture? Thomas, you now have proof that the wooden plaque hasn't been missing for long, if it was still in this picture, unless the plaque in the picture is a reproduction of the original. I went on the tour back in January with the Indiana group, and it was a great tour. Got to meet Thomas there too, and lots of the line workers. They are certainly proud of their jobs there, and well they should be. I was amazed at all of the hand work that goes into the Viper, it certainly is not a mass produced car, is it? When you first see the price of a new Viper you may think, Wow, is that an expensive car. But after you see all the hand assembly and hand fitting and finishing that goes into the car, it is really worth every cent, and then some! Thanks Thomas and all the rest of the great people who work on the Viper, keep up the great work on our cars, we appreciate it more than you know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32