gold car on ebay

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be playing ignorant and selling a non-gold car that was made into a gold car...

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok-I'm stupid! It looks red to me even though it lists red interior and black exterior. What am I missing?

Bill

SnakeDreamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea glen, you could look at it that way i guess, but sentimental value and rarity is something that some people hold most important. I for one wouldn't pay a premium over a normal viper for one of these...i mean...unless your a "must be authentic!!" freak, you could just paint the wheels!

When i purchase my viper, i plan on dressing it up in white with blue stripes, because i fell in love with the combo the first time i saw it. Although I will not go around telling people it's one of the 3 that were produced, I'm not trying to fool anyone lol.

p.s. gold wheels would look better with blue/white GTS!

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a gold rims Viper about 6 months ago and the rims were taken off and chromed, so make that 6.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised he didn't just buy a chromed set. These cars may earn more of a premium as the years past. He nor another owner of that car will get that chance.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hope ya dont mind my stupid uninformed question....but gold car???
what is it??

Viper with gold package - gold wheels and gold emblems.

You must be registered for see images

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you, cause all i saw was a red viper in the pick....I got worried about me there....

SnakeDreamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipernate why didn't you just purchase a set of chromed viper wheels? did you know your car was 1 of 7? I'm sure it still has the gold emblems but wouldn't you rather have the "rarity" look to it?

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe the one-offs are the VCA raffle cars. For example, that one lucky bastid :) that won that 2002 with the most desirable color combo: blue/white.

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but all the hoopla about gold painted rims and a different badge? sheesh! I could see it if the car had some uber pimped up engine that none of the other stock vipers had.. but to make a car worth a "premium" because of some stock wheels painted a different color.. I guess I'll never understand :)

Jeff Cline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20 years down the road if the car gets restored, a simple trip to the chrome shop to remove the chrome from the wheels, and a respray of gold paint and the car is back to "normal" again. It's really no different than repainting the car red.

prowl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my gold viper their was one at a dealer that wanted $65,000 with 8,000 miles on it Last year. their is also RT/10 gold with tan interior is more rare with only 3 made.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but all the hoopla about gold painted rims and a different badge? sheesh! I could see it if the car had some uber pimped up engine that none of the other stock vipers had.. but to make a car worth a "premium" because of some stock wheels painted a different color.. I guess I'll never understand :)

I agree 100%, a paint job or different colored rims never made a difference to me... I never "wooed" a collectors car that had a very rare "green" car...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheHunter