Good price for 99 GTS ACR? Help...

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would appreciate any input on what a good price would be for a 99 GTS ACR with 6k miles. No paint work. Red w/no stripe. Very clean.
Trying to get back into another Viper.
Thanks for any input.
Jason

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say I am an expert in this field since that is the exact car I have been looking for for the past year. If the car is in great condition, nothing funny about it the correct price is 55K. If you can get anything less that's a bonus, if you pay any more that's a loss. I actually saw one with 4K miles go for 52K about 4 months ago. I was going to buy it myself, but the "gut" didn't feel right. I have seen that your "typical" 99/00 ACR with 10K miles will always go for 52K, something with a little less mile will fetch 55K or 56K. Good luck, that is my professional opinion. I have also noticed that in this market there are lots of Vipers for sale and if you are patient you will find people that get in finincial binds and must sell. Great market to be a buyer of anything.

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen similar year/mileage/packages for between $48K and $50K depending on mileage. The economy for Exotic cars right now is hard, definitely a buyers market.

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JF58854777, I would not say you are an expert at crap. You bailed out on a car on E-bay that you had the high bid on. I meet the guy that ended up buying the car for $51,000. He loves it!! That was a 2000 Solid Black ACR with 10,900 miles and some extras. If you want an expert observation E-mail me. I have had 5 Vipers over the past 6 Years. I can tell you what I payed for my 2000 ACR I bought over a year ago. I just sold the car a few months ago. If you have someone interested for a price you both feel is fair go for it. Or, you may end up dealing with people that like to play games and back out on promises!!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a reality check. $55k for a 99? Whaaaat??? I've passed on 3 ACR's for under $50k. 01's are going for the $55 range! I could have bought an 02 last week for $51k. It wasn't an ACR, but it was still really nice. It's a buyers market! Low 50's can yield you a nice ABS car if you watch close enough. Check out these links. Whether these sold or not, these are the prices that people are willing to pay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408946772&category=6209

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2407189497&category=6209

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408433983&category=6209

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408221784&category=6209

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, no kiddin'. These people are out of their minds at some of those prices. Might as well take what you can now. Bay State Motorcars (aka) Naples Motorsports are waaaaaaaay overpriced on everything they try to sell. I'm ready to buy soon but I still don't see any deals.

REMIX

OP
OP
J

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Carrot
All those ebay post did not reach reserve. Ebay prices are bound to be lower since you are basically buying the car sight unseen.
Im not trying to justify spending more. In fact I am looking for the best price possible. That is why I asked here. To get an idea what new owners spent, or people who recently sold to get an idea. I just don't want to go by high bids on Ebay alone...

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JF58854777, I would not say you are an expert at crap. You bailed out on a car on E-bay that you had the high bid on. I meet the guy that ended up buying the car for $51,000. He loves it!! That was a 2000 Solid Black ACR with 10,900 miles and some extras. If you want an expert observation E-mail me. I have had 5 Vipers over the past 6 Years. I can tell you what I payed for my 2000 ACR I bought over a year ago. I just sold the car a few months ago. If you have someone interested for a price you both feel is fair go for it. Or, you may end up dealing with people that like to play games and back out on promises!!

My policy has always been I don't deal with any shady businesses. If I ever hear about a business having victims that got ripped off, they don't get my business - I don't play games with 50K. I emailed 3 other people that did business with them and they told me to avoid them at all costs - that was a good enough signal for me. What I did wasn't right, but I wouldn't have done it if they never screwed over anyone before me. You know what they say - "what comes around, goes around". Good to hear your friend didn't get a funny deal, he was a lucky one. Jason, another word of advise is avoid Texas. :laugh:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's worth something to have a car that is down the street that you can crawl around, touch, and stare at, but those are the real dollars on Ebay. An 01 ACR with 1k miles can't be too beat up. You know? Many of the cars that don't meet reserve are owned by people that have no idea what the car is REALLY worth. They're worth what someone will pay. Bay State-Naples Motorsports are outrageous by the way! I've had my hands on several cars lately that were REALLY nice. The 02 was really nice, I saw it in person, but not what I want. It was mine for $51k! Texas has a lot of Vipers. Prices are low lately! Real low! You're in Florida? There's probably more there than here! With the current economy, I'm seeing a lot of people that are FORCED to sell the cars cheap. They are toys that many people see as unneccesary. Tap into the savings or sell the toy? Easy choice. Also, a lot of guys have SRT's coming in and they're desperately trying to Gen2 cars. This has flooded the market. I'm rambling here, but the market is soft.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That Texas comment wasn't cool at all! Some of our necks might be a rosy shade, but that doesn't make us bad people. Take that back!

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That Texas comment wasn't cool at all! Some of our necks might be a rosy shade, but that doesn't make us bad people. Take that back!

Avoid 95% of Texas, the other 5% is O.K. :laugh: :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery