good price for NEW 01 GTS and 02 GTS??

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think you should be able to get the 2001 for a few grand back of invoice- it's almost 2 years old already. If you are a serious buyer, it's time for some serious negotiations!

p.s. I think they made around 150 of the bumble bees in 2001-

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say a grand MAX over invoice. There are ALOT of these cars sitting on lots, if they want to sell them they will work a good deal, if not go look somewhere else.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely well below invoice on the '01. If you go to sell in '03, it will be a 2 year old car, whether you just bought it a few months ago or not.

The dealer should be happy to sell it for invoice and split the holdback with you...at the LEAST. If they don't, tell 'em you'll be back in a couple of months when they're ready to be more accomodating... and watch 'em chase you to the door.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 01 saphire gts for 69 or 1000 over invoice that was of course when they just came out.Invoice is 68 plus 2.5 for the stripes.71.5 as I see it.start at 71.5 and tell them to knock off 5 because its almost 2 years old.Personaly I don't like stripes or red.But if I had to choose I'd go with the 1 year old 2002 before I'd get the 2 year old 2001.Tell them you'll take the red for 68.Remember you don't need that car.They need you to take it off of their hands. Bruce

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone in Chicago posted recently about buying a new '01 GTS at $64k (or $64.5) and I saw one advertised by a dealer in the VCA classifieds asking $66.5k about 3 weeks ago. Believe both were without stripes. Under $67k with stripes sounds decent to me.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go with 02 because it is the last year for GTS. A few extra K don't mean anything when you are buying a car for 70K.

RAT welcome to the dark side. Are you keeping your MY Z06 or there was one more tree in the middle of the road. j/k
laugh.gif

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RAT, Glad to see your considering the WILD THING with the GTS. You might remember me from CF, I'm ArizonaZ06. Sold my Z last October and working up right now to a GTS. For me, C5's are just to generic and way too many are built.

My answer for you is go with the 02. When you go to sell, last year models are always more appealing to future owners. I think your new price of 68.5K for a 02 is very good and I would jump on it if I lived in Texas. Living in Arizona we fortunately do not pay sales tax if purchased from a private owner, so my plan is to stay away from the Dealers at all costs and save the 7% sales tax.

Best of Luck.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

You won't be dissapointed with a Yellow/Black GTS, I love my Z06 but a Viper is a whole nother animal!

Be sure to check out the Classified section on this board, there are new 01's for sale and I would check with Bill Pemberton at WoodHouse dodge before you do anything. You can have Vipers shipped to your door very reasonably and Bill is a delight to deal with. (he can get you a great price too)
You will find this board very helpful and most guys here won't give you to hard of time for owning a vette. (some will)
Good luck and welcome to this forum!!!

2Charmed

ssssssnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI-

I just bought mine on the showroom floor 4 weeks ago it was a 2001 brand new. I paid $63,500. The sticker on the car was $79,000.

Mark

ssssssnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BKVIEW4U
SSSSSNAKE, is that what you paid out the door ? or does that not include all the tax,title,doc fees,etc.? if i'm being to nosey
tell me its none of my business

Not nosey..I paid $63,500 plus tax and licence. **** I wish that included everything. The car out the door was $70,000.

Mark

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RAT-

I used to hang on the www.corvetteforum.com when I purchased my new 2000 Vette. You had many good comments, and seemed quite involved in the website. Good to see another enthusiast will be joining us. Let the madness begin!

Are you keeping your Z06?

John H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at those 3 GTSs last year. That's funny they're still sitting out there in the sun 24/7 along the side of the highway! My Sigma Chi brother Micah Parks is a salesman there. Ask for him. Good luck and beware of the troopers on that section of I-30.

John Hein

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ram Air Tony:
Greenville Dodge....they have an 02 Yellow GTS advertised for $69,999 .... and I think they might move on that
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what the **** is happening? Lots of vette owners coming to the dark side latley!!?

I always said a vette owner is a future Viper owner... Just plant the seed...
smile.gif

Gerald