'02 GTS Hand Brake button popped out

drakkor_02gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello! So the title says it all, the little silver button on my hand brake popped out in my 02 GTS. While I can stick it back in to engage or release, it won't stay in there as the spring just shoots it out again. I suspect there's a broken tab on it or something. I haven't had any luck finding any posts about this issue or anywhere that I can buy this part. Mopar only shows an assembly that is discontinued under part number SM741X9AA.

Anyone have ideas on how I can fix this? Any known aftermarket parts, or compatible parts?

Much appreciated!

blue73Chevy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the whole ebrake assembly available.
I'm in canada,u pay for shipping If interested

OP
OP
D

drakkor_02gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for getting back to me. Took a while to respond as I was hoping someone might chime in w/o other, less invasive options. I decided to spend some time looking more closely at the brake and figured out that the button is held in place by friction to a bar that runs down the handle to the pully mechanism. My button cracked which is why it popped out. I was able to use some JB-Weld to glue it back in place and that's all it took. Surprised this hasn't come up on forums more often, must be a pretty rare failure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala