Got a set of new PS2 sneakers for the car today

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compared to my orig tires they are sticky and more compliant.Got them at DUNN TIRE.They had to order them in.Took about a week.Get all my tires there.Mounting,balancing,new valve stems,road hassard waranty,free rotation,tax $1490 USD.Reasonable I think.US VCA Ontario might be interested.Have no idea what they cost you guys in Ontario. GTS Bruce

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price just dropped in Canada 1st of this month. Bruce don't forget to get your rotations done regularly :)

We need car manufacturers to jump on the bandwagon and price Canadian cars in line with US prices. Canadians are being gouged by the automakers.

Example:
Bentley GTC in US $190,000 USD
Same car in Canada $265,000 CDN which is $252,000 USD

$62,000 extra in Canada for nothing. Outrageous

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That high dollar import is kind of tough to relate to, but the examples I question are the ones built in our Province / Country.

Current 300 SRT MSRP Base Prices according to the corporate DaimlerChrysler websites:

US website= $43,320 USD

Canadian website = $51,870 CAD (= $49,508.45 USD at the moment)

Considering the current exchange rate, we are paying 14% more on this vehicle for a car assembled an hour or so from our home than the exported vehicle in the US. :dunno:

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Bruce

Thanks for your tip. Tom and I drove down to your Dunn tire today and had our new PS2's installed while we waited. I can't believe the difference, the ride is way softer and they are really sticky. It's like driving a new car.

I have to thank Zeus (Tom) for doing all the work. He ordered the tires a few weeks back and made all the arrangements for us. We mentioned your name and they gave us the same price they gave you.

It took about 1 1/2 hrs per car and the staff were very freindly, knowledgeable and careful. They used hand jacks and did one side at a time. I was very happy

Plus they use nitrogen to fill the tires so I know I'm faster now...lol

Last edited:

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe much of the pricing difference is due to import duties.
I thought with NAFTA this difference would dissapear.

Wrong. The pricing has everything to do with manufacturer pricing. Sooner of later (probably later), the manufacturers will be forced to lower prices in Canada. Might take an economic slowdown however. Example, the list price of a Viper in Canada was dropped last year from $130,000 Cdn down to $99,000 overnight. Glad I wasn't the last to buy one before the price drop. That said, price needs to drop another 10 grand or so to be in line with US.

ZEUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tires were as Glenn and Bruce have mentioned, sticky and compliant...drives like a new car. You don't feel every bump first of all. As far as stickiness, it even picks up pebbles etc. and you can hear its lovely spray upon our painted exhaust sides...they're that sticky! Now I don't have to worry about losing it when flooring it in 3rd-lol! It now chirps with the proper skid noise...not the hiss of a spinning puck. Best thing I've done to the car.

THE BEST PART:
THE LOWEST PRICE I WAS QUOTED FOR 18" PS2's -2KOOLPERFORMANCE IN EASTERN ONTARIO (ONLINE TIRE STORE)---WAS $2700 CDN INCLUDING TAXES WITH CHEAP LOCAL BALANCE/INSTALL---"TIRETRENDS.ca" ADD $300 MORE. ANY OTHER SHOP, I WAS QUOTED $2900-3100. WE PAID JUST UNDER $1600 CANADIAN TAXES/BALANCE/INSTALL INCLUDED. GLENN AND I SAVED $2200, AND IT ONLY COST US A DUALING VIPER CRUISE TO THE USA. LEFT IN THE MORNING, CAME BACK JUST AFTER LUNCH ON SUNDAY.

Thanks Glenn for your route guidance GPS-wise!---a wicked tool when traveling, as were my walkies to keep us in communication and awake! Good time man! :1up:

Thanks to Bruce in Buffalo for being our Dunn Tire guinea pig. Our installer George knew exactly what to watch out for. You saved us some good coin. BTW- I'll be shipping my twin-turbo kit to your house and installing it when I get there---thanks in advance. I am only kidding.

cheers :beer:
-Tom (ZEUS)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960