Got cussed out in the viper today lol

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i came up to a light, it turned green so i made a right anyway i go and my friends house is a little street a little ways down and so i pull up to my friends house.. come to turn off the music.. and this guy and his wife pull up next to my car, its kind of close that i cant really open my door to get out.. so he basically blocks me from getting out of my car.

anyway the guy sais pull the window down.. and i do

he sais " is that a special car?"
and im thinking maybe he wants to know about the car so i say yeah vipers are great.

he sais well you shoudlnt have and starts cussing up a storm, saying that i shouldnt have made a right with "kids" crossing the street and such.

im like dude the light was green those " kids who were actaully teenagers" were on the OTHER side of the street/intersection, who just had stepped off the side walk, i wasnt within even a 100feet of them when i turned right..

so hes like "so what man those kids were in the "intersection" and keeps using profanity".. and generally im not a very confrontential person and with his wife in the car im like yeah your right no problem man. trying to difusse the situation.

but he doesnt stop.. keeps cussing.. and at the point i start getting worked up and agitated, and im like dude just leave already. you made your point. and motion for him to go.. and that just gets him louder and starts with the F yous etc.. and then im upset at that point and start yelling back not cussing but yelling back and tell him to get the hell out of here. and hes wife is like lets go to him and he starts pulling away while screaming Fu's.

i think what made me upset the most about the situation was the fact that he followed me.. talked **** about the car pertending to give a **** about some teenagers acting like thats why he was upset. and the fact that after i try to diffuse the situation and hes wife telling him to go he wouldnt stop with the aggressive behavior..

i dont know if its the economy or the times we live in or what, but people seem so much angrier these days.

another time i let my cousin drive my car with me sitting next to him, and were at a stop sign and pulls into first gear but vipers "buck" in first gear a lot and hes just learning.. and some person screams out the window " learn how to drive the ****en car *******" to my cousin..

like i said it seems now days poeple are much more easier to anger fighting and confrontation.. and iv diff noticed it while driving the viper..

i mean if i had made a mistake by turning right instead of waiting for the teens to walk all the way across to my side before turning, he could have done it much more politely and honestly i would have apologized (they werent even there kids) as i didnt do it intentionally with malice or anything..

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another time just driving by the beach minding my own business.. this girl in truck who coudlnt even realy see me as the truck was really high and im really low with her boyfreind driving.. her boyfriend reves his trucks engine on my viper and his girlfriend leans out the window and makes what looked to me was a "small penis" gesture.. as in i have a small penis for driving a car like this..

i love driving my car, but these types of attention really ruins it some time..

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i came up to a light, it turned green so i made a right anyway i go and my friends house is a little street a little ways down and so i pull up to my friends house.. come to turn off the music.. and this guy and his wife pull up next to my car, its kind of close that i cant really open my door to get out.. so he basically blocks me from getting out of my car.

and im thinking maybe he wants to know about the car so i say yeah vipers are great.

he sais well you shoudlnt have and starts cussing up a storm, saying that i shouldnt have made a right with "kids" crossing the street and such.

im like dude the light was green those " kids who were actaully teenagers" were on the OTHER side of the street/intersection, who just had stepped off the side walk, i wasnt within even a 100feet of them when i turned right..

so hes like "so what man those kids were in the "intersection" and keeps using profanity".. and generally im not a very confrontential person and with his wife in the car im like yeah your right no problem man. trying to difusse the situation.

but he doesnt stop.. keeps cussing.. and at the point i start getting worked up and agitated, and im like dude just leave already. you made your point. and motion for him to go.. and that just gets him louder and starts with the F yous etc.. and then im upset at that point and start yelling back not cussing but yelling back and tell him to get the hell out of here. and hes wife is like lets go to him and he starts pulling away while screaming Fu's.

i think what made me upset the most about the situation was the fact that he followed me.. talked **** about the car pertending to give a **** about some teenagers acting like thats why he was upset. and the fact that after i try to diffuse the situation and hes wife telling him to go he wouldnt stop with the aggressive behavior..

i dont know if its the economy or the times we live in or what, but people seem so much angrier these days.

another time i let my cousin drive my car with me sitting next to him, and were at a stop sign and pulls into first gear but vipers "buck" in first gear a lot and hes just learning.. and some person screams out the window " learn how to drive the ****en car *******" to my cousin..

like i said it seems now days poeple are much more easier to anger fighting and confrontation.. and iv diff noticed it while driving the viper..

i mean if i had made a mistake by turning right instead of waiting for the teens to walk all the way across to my side before turning, he could have done it much more politely and honestly i would have apologized (they werent even there kids) as i didnt do it intentionally with malice or anything..

No doubt, their are jerks everywhere you go...this guy felt he was in the right and was probably a little envious and it fueled his anger.
I am not sure where you live but a friend recently got a ticket for the very thing you described. The way it was told to him, once someone has stepped off of the curb and is in the crosswalk, they have the right of way and a vehicle can not enter the crosswalk.

However there seems to be some controversy about this law. The law only states that you have to yield the right of way to the pedistrian,as appears that you did. But, and this is a big but, the interpretation is left up to the officer.

California Crosswalk Laws and Right of Way Issues | Best Syndication

Sorry that your driving experiance was bad. But you have to take the good with the bad. Jealousy and envy are never pretty, but at the end of the confrontation, you got to drive away in the Viper!

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think whats making me angry about the situation is, i never came remotely close to even being near the teenagers..

the fact that it wasnt even a close call, or that those werent even his kids.. that he just felt the need to follow me block me just to cuss me out. lets just say for the sake of arguement that i shouldnt have done what i did, and im not even saying i was in the right, but pulling up to a stranger and acting hostile and cussing is going to acomplish what exactly, besides making the person your yelling at defensive?

and what makes it worst is the first 10-20 seconds he spent mocking and making snide comments about the car.. it slike dude are you upset that i made a right when people were on the crosswalk or are u upset im driving a viper?

i think a lot of poeple now days either thru losing a job or economic issues are on the edge and much easier to temper and fights..

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
........pause.......

hey Lundqvist, in case you don't know, this is 1 of my standard replies to posts like this

that is the problem, people are so dependent on laws, that they don't even know how to cross the street anymore

....at least you get to drive away in a viper :drive:

maybe consider packing

peace bro

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 11 years of driving my Viper I can of very few incidents like that. One time I may have deserved it, the other two or three times was because of overzealous haters.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No doubt, their are jerks everywhere you go...this guy felt he was in the right and was probably a little envious and it fueled his anger.
I am not sure where you live but a friend recently got a ticket for the very thing you described. The way it was told to him, once someone has stepped off of the curb and is in the crosswalk, they have the right of way and a vehicle can not enter the crosswalk.

However there seems to be some controversy about this law. The law only states that you have to yield the right of way to the pedistrian,as appears that you did. But, and this is a big but, the interpretation is left up to the officer.

California Crosswalk Laws and Right of Way Issues | Best Syndication

Sorry that your driving experiance was bad. But you have to take the good with the bad. Jealousy and envy are never pretty, but at the end of the confrontation, you got to drive away in the Viper!

Just your typical everyday deuschbag. I hag a deusch pull up to me when i was in my vette ,and start some crap because he thought it was his right of way at the stop sign. With my wife in the car he stasrts giving me ****.Im not so patient and immediately give hime **** back. If we weren't in traffic i would of got out and beat the **** out of this idiot. I think he was hammered too. Its a desperate world right now, and the deuschbags are everwhere just waiting to cause havoc :(

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the winter hit my buddy and i met up with another friend who had his sti out at wawa to get steak sandwiches but im really stricked about no food or liquids in the viper so my friends and i sat on the curb behind the viper to eat our cheesesteaks. And out comes 3 girls and 1 guy and they climb into this pos 1990 sometime 4 door saturn. They where maybe 3 or 4 parking spaces over. and ass they backup the female driver puts the wondow down halfway and says "By the way its not cool to hang out at wawa you fn faggots" We couldnt beleave what just happened we were just sitting there minding our own buisness and that just came out of now where. I dont know if its jealously or what but some people are so rude when you own a flashy car.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not sure I get the problem. You described virtually every one of my weekend cruises. That's how we communicate here in NYC.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, being from North Jersey myself, the good response I would have used is also ***.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"and this guy and his wife pull up next to my car, its kind of close that i cant really open my door to get out."

The above concerns me. He had you trapped unless you could have pulled forward. My paranoia would not have let me let him get that close whther he was smiling or not. I've seen too many movies where the same scenario ends up with someone shot.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the positive responses you will get will out weigh the negative ones by about 100 to 1.

It's interesting to me the difference in driving attitude between people in Hawaii and people here in the midwest. (I divide my year between both locations) In Hawaii everyone is so polite when you drive. Put your signal on to change lanes and the guy in the lane beside you will slow down to let you in. In the midwest they will speed up so you won't get in front of them. Just a "me first" kind of competitive driving culture.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"and this guy and his wife pull up next to my car, its kind of close that i cant really open my door to get out."

The above concerns me. He had you trapped unless you could have pulled forward. My paranoia would not have let me let him get that close whther he was smiling or not. I've seen too many movies where the same scenario ends up with someone shot.

Exactly my concern. Was there any opportunity to use the car to get away from this wingnut?

I can't help but wonder if the shift in attitude I've been noticing out here in CT, and perhaps where some of you are as well, is due to the relative increase in stress over the past two years. My wife and I were just commenting this weekend that we have both been flipped the bird and honked at several times just in the last week. So far as we can tell, every single incident was because the other person was having a bad day or a temper tantrum.

More motivation for us to use the Crown Victoria more often than the Tucson. Problem solved.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i absolutely think the stress of the economy the last 2 years is changing things like this. no doubt

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've only had a few negative comments, but I have noticed that people become very aggressive when they see the Viper. I actually had a guy follow me home the other day. I didn't realize he was following me until I saw him in front of the house. He then jammed on the accelerator and got outta there. My neighborhood isn't the kind of place for his type.

But it's like I have heard others say, "there are a lot of haters out there."

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In four years of Viper ownership and a tricked out show car before that, I have never, not once, had an experience like this. But then of course, people barely distinguish the Viper from a Honda Civic around here, so the jealousy thing doesn't show up here often.

I also would have been nervous about being blocked in my car. It's one thing to give me a piece of your mind, it's something else to prevent me from leaving while you're doing it.

Eucharistos...I agree completely with post #6 above....all of it.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And, so my kids were just starting to cross the street up here in CT and you ACTUALLY made the right turn without waiting for my kids to finish crossing the street????:omg: You realize that you were within 162 miles of them!!! :omg:

Don't you think of the children????:rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh::lmao: :headbang:

Yeah man, Vipers rule:2tu:

:D

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In four years of Viper ownership and a tricked out show car before that, I have never, not once, had an experience like this. But then of course, people barely distinguish the Viper from a Honda Civic around here, so the jealousy thing doesn't show up here often.

It's the spoiler right?:lmao:

--RS

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I would probably produced my weapon considering that I was trapped and he was continuing to escalate the situation after you tried to deflate it. You have no ability to flee and you were in fear for your personal safety. I'm thinking that would have shut him the **** up!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The economy and other factors just compound the zealousness of the people that were already AHoles... These people are just plain confrontational... Some Big Bumpkin Lady confronted my under 5' and under 100 lb wife while she was by herself in Walmart the other day when she changed her mind about an item while waiting at the register and just placed it aside. My otherwise very easy going wife told her... Why don't you just mind your own ******** busines and Shut up ! So the Bumpkin Lady just scooted to another register...

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would probably produced my weapon considering that I was trapped and he was continuing to escalate the situation after you tried to deflate it. You have no ability to flee and you were in fear for your personal safety. I'm thinking that would have shut him the **** up!

That's what I was thinking. I don't mess with people because too many people are packing heat these days. Including me.
I'm not doing time for killing some A-hole.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
think about the children, haha LMAO:rolaugh:

Lund, it has Nothing to do with "these days, or "the times". Your simply a noob and arnt used to dealing with haters yet. For the first year of viper ownership i Too was somewheat flustered when Haters would approach me with stupid comments.

Now I love my haters. It is just another aspect of the game and once you learn to play it it becomes amusing. Im not a whitty/quick responding person, but i am good at coming up with good responces after-the-fact. For example, one time some ****** pulled up and said; Hey!, did daddy buy that for you? I laughed and didnt have anything quick to say. Well the next time someone said that i responded with; No, your Mom did you Fu*king Hater. He was so Stunned that i would respond like that and his buddy was laughing his ass off:)
That is actually one of the most harsh responces i have ever given someone.
Usually i prefer to Kill haters with Kindness. This takes Much more thought and strategery...
here are some tips on that: *********** Someone With Kindness | eHow.com

Someday i plan on creating a thread dedicated to Hater Responses once i have more experiance and have a longer list.

Here is a quick exercise that may help you. Go to an unpopulated place like a forest or something. And scream as loud as you can:
"I LOVE MY HATERS!!!!"

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow.
I'm not sure what I'd have done, but if I was trapped like you mentioned I would have started up the car and moved ahead, (well ahead, or into any handy driveway), got out and faced the **** where I could pull out the cell phone and get pic of him and his plate number. Then a 911 call about a drunk driver/road rager, as he's cussing me out. He'd be gone by the time the cops got there, but they'd most likely pay him a visit at HIS house, far more embarrassing to him.
Producing a weapon would only lead to the rest of the day spent talking with cops. Not my idea of fun.

Oh, and... won't someone please think of the children!!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from your link dom:

You must be registered for see images

she is thinking of passive aggressive responses to viper owners

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187