Got my new ramps and roll ups today!

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You say the front lip scrapes ever so slightly. It looks like you are at stock hight, am I correct ?

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How far off from level are you? Where did you get the ramps? What are they made of? What keeps them from moving around?

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ramps. I was thinking about a set of their trailer ramps for my car hauler. Did you just have the front end of that thing repainted??? Looks entirely too pristine to have any miles on it!

OP
OP

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is stock height. It's scraping the bottom of the lip, not the front of the lip. I'm talking "barely scraping".

They're made by Brute Industries and they're called "Race Ramps". I have no clue what they're made of but they're rated at 1500 lbs per ramp. They look like some type of composite material. They smell funny, too.

The bottom is the same texture as the rest of the ramp. On my epoxy floor they don't stick like they do to concrete, tile or wood floors. On those surfaces, there's no moving them. I'm going to VCT or Racedeck flooring so I'm not too worried. I drove the car up them and they didn't slide at all. Please note, they do slide on epoxy, though. I was able to move them with my foot, whereas on the other surfaces, I could not move them at all without picking them up.

They're not cheap by any means for ramps, however, I just got tired of having to jack the car up over and over. I'm constantly under the car trying to keep it nice, changing fluids, or just looking around. Now I can just drive up the ramps and the car is secure. I also bought the tire chocks to secure the vehicle from rolling backwards. I also opted for the two piece design because I didn't want to fight trying to roll around them while under the car.

There is a picture on one of the Corvette sites of a semi parked on the ramps. They seem pretty durable. They only weigh 15 lbs each.

The front end has not been repainted. It does have a clear bra on it, though. If I took a closeup, you'd see the normal curb scrape. Now that I have the ramps, I'm going to touch up all the lip blemishes.

Mike