Gray GTS

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for some input. I am about to purchase a Gray GTS (00) and from the pics the Gray look good but not great and I know these cars look much better in person. I recently had a GTS bumble bee and I purchased it sight unseen and only had the pics to go off of and its looked good in the pics but man when it arrive, it looked beyond great.

Since I have never seen a gray viper, i was wondering for those who have, does it look good or great. Not really looking for opinions of those who own them because I would think its bias to some degree but would still like the input.

Thanks.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why buy it if you don't really know if you like it? Personally I wanted a red Viper untill I saw the Steel Grey color, I had to have it. I like the Grey in 2001 as well. The Steel Grey color looks best as the sun is setting as it has blue hues in it. It certainly makes the Viper look a little more, dare I say it.........mature looking or just the opposite of the Bumble Bee cars. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Bumble Bee cars as well, but the car has a different look.

mywifeistheplate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to buy a used Viper until I seen this color, steel gray pearl. I ordered it three weeks later. Have had two offers to buy it, just can't let it go. It has a metallic paint, it never looks the same, depends on the time of day. I'm attaching a pic of mine (rt10 with the hard top on) never tried this so hopefully it works. Good luck on the car!

Attachments

• Viper 003.jpg
    Viper 003.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Copy (3) of Susans Camera 2-5-08 181.jpg
    Copy (3) of Susans Camera 2-5-08 181.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why buy it if you don't really know if you like it? Personally I wanted a red Viper untill I saw the Steel Grey color, I had to have it. I like the Grey in 2001 as well. The Steel Grey color looks best as the sun is setting as it has blue hues in it. It certainly makes the Viper look a little more, dare I say it.........mature looking or just the opposite of the Bumble Bee cars. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Bumble Bee cars as well, but the car has a different look.

I like the grey from pics but was curious if it looks much better in person as my bumble bee did. Also this car has all the work done to it that I wanted including a rebuilt engine which I paid 14k for to have done to my bumble bee then it got wrecked that night I got it from the shop cause so lady not paying attention merged into me and I have no desire to buy stock and mod again. The grey has been tied with black with the bumble bee being number one but again I have never seen a grey viper in person. Thanks for the input.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a 2000 gray GTS with silver stripes. I really liked that combo. so much so, after I sold it I bought a replacement.

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even though you asked for non-gray owners to respond...

I owned a red viper and sold it so I could buy an '00 Steel Gray (with silver stripes). I love the color, even more than the '02 Graphite.

I think Steel Gray photographs accurately. The pictures look pretty close to what you see in person (unlike '01 sapphire or red or yellow that I think look better in person than in photographs).

Hope that helps.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i ended putting on white stripes for a slightly different look

You must be registered for see images